Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bead locks

Old 12-27-2015, 09:28 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Friend of mine just picked up a Slab on Amazon for $330ish. He only needed one, but it was a great price.
Old 12-27-2015, 09:41 AM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mhockey9090

Just curious as if my ARB twin will be able to seat bead of the tire instead of bringing the tire to a shop for that.
Compressors are for wussies......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8Xq7koFnQs
Old 12-27-2015, 09:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
Sell them when you're done. I had Slabs on JK axles. Went to tons. I bought Chamber Pro's and then swapped rings with the slabs. Basically, I sold my slabs in like new condition. I got $150 less than I paid for them. Nominal in my view.
Yeah getting money back shouldn't be too much of an issue, as beadlocks go quick when re selling.

Originally Posted by Wrangeler X
Where did you order them from?? Northridge 4x4
Originally Posted by DEADGUY11
Wondering as well
Ill send you both a PM
Old 12-27-2015, 09:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by DJ1
Compressors are for wussies......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8Xq7koFnQs
lmao yeah I'm not about that life
Old 12-27-2015, 03:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question about the Hutchinson bead locks. Are you still able to run the TPMS in them?
Old 12-27-2015, 04:53 PM
DJ1
Former Member

Originally Posted by Whytiptoe
Question about the Hutchinson bead locks. Are you still able to run the TPMS in them?
Now I'm curious if anyone actually runs TPMS in their beadlocks? I don't...
Old 12-27-2015, 05:49 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by DJ1
Now I'm curious if anyone actually runs TPMS in their beadlocks? I don't...
I do. My 2013 JK shows the actual pressure in each tire and I sort of like that data. With 40s and beadlocks, it would be nearly impossible to tell if I am getting a flat bombing down the highway. The functionality is built in, so I see no reason to toss it away. It's darn accurate too. Let's me know how much the psi increases as the tires heat up while driving, or just from rising air temps on the trail. Anyway, I dig it.
Old 12-27-2015, 05:57 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's awesome to hear, did anyone buy both sets of internal rings to ensure if they switch tires they had the right one?
Old 12-27-2015, 06:02 PM
JK Super Freak

How much are the TPMS sensors anyways? I haven't had them since I got rid of the originals, which I'm kind of upset about, but oh well.
Old 12-27-2015, 06:07 PM
DJ1
Former Member

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
I do. My 2013 JK shows the actual pressure in each tire and I sort of like that data. With 40s and beadlocks, it would be nearly impossible to tell if I am getting a flat bombing down the highway. The functionality is built in, so I see no reason to toss it away. It's darn accurate too. Let's me know how much the psi increases as the tires heat up while driving, or just from rising air temps on the trail. Anyway, I dig it.
Yeah I hear ya. When I sold the stockers with the TPMS I never bothered ordering replacement sets for the beadlocks and just got used to not having it after using the ProCal to tweak the settings. I'm only running 35's and can tell pretty easy once the psi is too low / slow leak down to 20 psi from 28 psi which is where I DD with. If one of the fronts start to get low then the steering wheel gets off-center. If one of the rears get low then I can feel the sidewall squish as I hit a turn. I'll probably put a set of TPMS in the TrailReady's since I need to break them down anyway to get them powdercoated then do the same with the Raceline's once that rubber needs to be replaced....

Quick Reply: Bead locks