Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

BDS Track bar OOPS!

Old 01-19-2008, 06:27 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default BDS Track bar OOPS!

Just thought I would share some helpfull info about my rear track bar.

I installed a BDS rear track bar relocation bracket to correct my Skyjacker 2.5" lift.
I didn't use a Skyacker bracket, because I didn't like the location of the bracket on the axle. I preferred the chassis mounted bracket that BDS makes.
BDS bracket is 50 bucks, so I'm thinking this is the way to go.
Turns out, I was partly right....the bracket is sturdy, rust-free, and easy to install. It also corrected the rear geometry and elliminated bump steer. Bonus!
I even posted a few recommendations for this product......

HOWEVER ......Turns out, if you flex the suspension at any moderate angle (crossing a ditch, climbing a hill) the bracket jabs a big gaping hole in your passenger side rear shock (AWESOME!) The bracket doesn't allow for proper clearance!
Now I have to purchase a new shock....and just spend the money and get an adjustable rear track bar.

So for any of those who have installed said BDS bracket....beware.
If you just pound pavement or sand I would recommend it, but otherwise be carefull.
How could BDS have missed that (now obvious) design flaw?
Old 01-20-2008, 07:06 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We sell a rear shock relocator kit that solves the problem.

http://www.currieenterprises.com/ces...t.aspx?id=2909

Old 01-20-2008, 07:19 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the info!
Old 01-20-2008, 11:27 AM
JK Super Freak

the drop bracket was made for their 3 inch system

that is why at full stuff you crushed your shock but if add a larger bumpstop or an extra oem shock isolator you should be safe or in the end just bite the bullet andget front and rear adj trac bars
Old 01-20-2008, 11:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

I noticed a large gash on my right rear shock. I wonder if my 3" TF is having the same problems. Anyone else notice this?

Originally Posted by A'sJK
Just thought I would share some helpfull info about my rear track bar.

I installed a BDS rear track bar relocation bracket to correct my Skyjacker 2.5" lift.
I didn't use a Skyacker bracket, because I didn't like the location of the bracket on the axle. I preferred the chassis mounted bracket that BDS makes.
BDS bracket is 50 bucks, so I'm thinking this is the way to go.
Turns out, I was partly right....the bracket is sturdy, rust-free, and easy to install. It also corrected the rear geometry and elliminated bump steer. Bonus!
I even posted a few recommendations for this product......

HOWEVER ......Turns out, if you flex the suspension at any moderate angle (crossing a ditch, climbing a hill) the bracket jabs a big gaping hole in your passenger side rear shock (AWESOME!) The bracket doesn't allow for proper clearance!
Now I have to purchase a new shock....and just spend the money and get an adjustable rear track bar.

So for any of those who have installed said BDS bracket....beware.
If you just pound pavement or sand I would recommend it, but otherwise be carefull.
How could BDS have missed that (now obvious) design flaw?

Quick Reply: BDS Track bar OOPS!