Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

bds lifts any good!?!?!?

Old 04-11-2008, 02:53 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the 3" BDS lift with 35" MTZ's and am very happy with it.

I went with the steering stabilizer upgrade and the gas shocks. The gas shocks are fairly stiff if that suits you. I would recommend the steering stabilizer.
Old 04-11-2008, 07:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks guys, i have made up my mind and this is going to be the lift i go with!!! thanks for your opinions!!! will definately add the steering stabilizer as well!!!
Old 04-11-2008, 07:27 PM
JK Newbie

Just got mine put on. Drives great like it better than the 4 in superlift i had. Mine is a little bigger than three but i am sure it will ride just as good. Here is a pic.

Old 04-11-2008, 08:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jonnyringo893
went into the local 4x4 shop today to get a pricing on a 3" lift kits, 17x9 pro comp wheels, and 35" toyo mt's. i told him i was thinking about the full traction economy kit to start out with but he recommended the bds lift to me. i havent heard much about this kit but a guy that was in there told me he just got his 07 done with this kit by this guy and he loves it. for everything including labor he quoted me $3319.48 and says he can have it done in 4 hours including a wheel alignment. would this be worth the cost???
Umm thats a bit pricey !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Labor should be about 8 hrs only max

But it also depends on your tire and wheel combo .

You could easily do the lift yourself ...and youll feel alot better about it
Old 04-12-2008, 05:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah, he told me he could get it done in 4-5 hours from the time i dropped off. i just have to cal and set up an appointmnet to have a time table cleared out
Old 04-12-2008, 07:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by YellowJk
Just got mine put on. Drives great like it better than the 4 in superlift i had. Mine is a little bigger than three but i am sure it will ride just as good. Here is a pic.

NICE!!! I love yellow. I am currently driving a black two door and am looking at trading up to a 4 door! Yellow is on my list!!
Old 04-12-2008, 12:26 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by YellowJk

That is BAD ARSE! Who did your Jeep? I see you from McAllen, did the boyz at TRUCKTOYZ put it together for you? Regardless, that is one bad jeep!
Old 04-12-2008, 12:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Go to bds and order direct they are way cheaper. I bought mine from them I loved dealing with them took care of me and sent me a pm on another forum thanking me for buying from them.
Old 04-12-2008, 01:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

a freind had 10 yr old BDS springs and they sagged... got in contact with BDS and they said, "bring them to you nearest retailer and grab some new ones"

10 YEARS LATER!!!... can beat that with a stick. from what i have seen they seem to be a decent lift. one shop up my way swears buy them
Old 04-12-2008, 04:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cenhockey55
im happy with mine have had it on for 2000 miles and no problems. The thing that sold me on the lift was the warranty
I have a 2" BDS Budget Boost lift. I got a package that included shocks, steering stabilizer. So far all of my mods for lifts and swaybar disco's are BDS. I too was sold on the lifetime warranty, no problems so far.... I also had tires put on at the same time, Procomp all terrains 33X12.50X17 and the toal price for every thing was about $2100 installed..... Good luck!!!

Quick Reply: bds lifts any good!?!?!?