Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Which BDS lift components do I need?

Old 04-26-2013, 12:57 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which BDS lift components do I need?

So i just ordered some 35'' trail grapplers on 17'' addicts and now i need to get the lift kit straightened out. The 2'' BDS kit seems to fit my needs and price range, but i dont know which of the extra components to buy, like the front and rear track bars and etc. My jeep is a DD with alot of highway miles, with some light to moderate wheeling on the weekends.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:48 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
ORW Representative

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by High altitude
So i just ordered some 35'' trail grapplers on 17'' addicts and now i need to get the lift kit straightened out. The 2'' BDS kit seems to fit my needs and price range, but i dont know which of the extra components to buy, like the front and rear track bars and etc. My jeep is a DD with alot of highway miles, with some light to moderate wheeling on the weekends.
Those kit's will have everything you need for the install. So you don't need any extra components if yours is a DD, but if your jeep is a 2011-2013 then you'll need an exhaust spacer.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I had to add the front track bar with my BDS kit to keep things in line. 35k miles and it looks like my front drive shaft doesn't have much life left either. I have the 3in with fox2.0 shocks. Pretty happy with it for the price
Old 04-27-2013, 10:10 AM
JK Newbie

mines a 2012, and ive never heard anything about the exhaust spacer... can you show me the one your talking about?
Old 04-27-2013, 07:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the 3" , I'm pretty sure the exhaust spacer is only for 3" and up.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

i have rock krawler 2.5 which ended up around 3" and it required both exhaust spacer and aftermarket front DS. With the aftermarket DS alone, the shaft would sit ever so slightly on the exhaust pipe so I just did both.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:55 PM
JK Super Freak

I have a complete new in box BDS 3" kit in the sale section. I'm on my phone so can't link it.

Quick Reply: Which BDS lift components do I need?