Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

BDS lift ....Comments????

Old 09-30-2007, 05:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BDS lift ....Comments????

Anybody have any experience with BDS lift kit... interested in the 4.5 inch lift for the 4 door.

pictures and comments please...

http://www.bds-suspension.com/kits/465H

Thanks

Last edited by Robar; 09-30-2007 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Edited non sponsor link.
Old 09-30-2007, 08:21 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

While the kit looks very complete, I personally would stay away from fixed lenght lower control arm that have poly bushings on both ends as they will squeak like a son of a gun and will provide less flex than your factory rubber bushings. Also, while this kit does come with adjustable rear control arms, I can tell you that you really won't need them. In fact, what this kit really should come with is a set of adjustable front upper control arms so that you can dial in your caster instead of using the lame cam bolts that this kit provides. Last but not least, while this kit does come with track bar relocation brackets, the front looks to be a bolt on kit that is not reinforced and based on what I have seen on other similar brackets, this design will most likely cause your factory bracket to break off of your axle. As far as the rear bracket goes, it looks like it is designed to be bolted to the frame and it should be good.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

anybody have any comments or thoughts
Old 10-01-2007, 09:13 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by tshuelsman
anybody have any comments or thoughts
Ummm, I just left you a ton.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:21 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your invisible! Must be the new server!
Old 10-02-2007, 05:16 AM
JK Newbie

I have the 3inch bds lift on my jk and it rides like a champ. I had a stock 06 rubicon and my jk lifted with mud grapplers rides better than my rubicon did stock. I can say that there are kits out there that will flex more but that also goes hand in hand with what your looking to do with your jeep. I live in Delaware so im not rock crawling ever. I usually just go in mud and trails. As far as the quality i havent had a problem yet and ive had my kit since i bought the jeep got it done by the dealer my jeep now has a lil over 10k on it. The quality as far as im concerned is nice. Also in regards to the comment about the relocation bracket of course that could happen i was unaware of that when i got the kit but i mean skyjacker from what i understand has the same problem and more people have broke them. Ive never heard anyone with issues with bds they have agreat warranty also if you look on their site. Everyone around me runs their lifts on trucks as well and love them they have a very nice ride. i feel they are very good quality. but to each his own good luck on your lift choice but my .02 is i love my kit if they had the 4.5 when i ordered mine i would of went that route.

Last edited by jacked up JK; 10-02-2007 at 05:24 AM.

Quick Reply: BDS lift ....Comments????