Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

BDS body life

Old 04-26-2008, 03:32 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BDS body life

I was wondering if the 2 inch body life would dwarf my tires. I have a 2.5 RE BB and Im running 33 inch BFG's. I drive around 120 miles a day for work and don't really want to eat up 35's on the hwy. Im open for any and all suggestions. Also if anyone is running a 3 inch or biger lift with 33's I would love to see some pics
Old 04-26-2008, 03:49 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the 2.5" lifts look awkward enough with the 33's. Combine that with an extra 2 inches and it'll surely look odd to my eyes.

Also, a 2" body lift alone will look a little awkward, showing the seams and all.

Why do you want an extra lift???
Old 04-26-2008, 04:14 PM
JK Freak

what is a body life?

I'm not sure but if u did go 2in bodylift you might need to entend some wire/hoses/lines/trans things? I havent seen a 2in body lift for jk yet though.
Old 04-26-2008, 04:21 PM
JK Super Freak

I just installed last week the 2" BDS BL and had 2.5 TF BB w/shocks and just put on 35's and narrow Flat Fenders. This might give you an idea. I think it would dwarf your 33's, I almost wish I had 37s but I'm ok with the 35s for now.

Here is a pic with the old flares and both lifts prior the flatties

Old 04-26-2008, 04:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Damn SAS that looks AWESOME!!!!!
Old 04-26-2008, 04:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by screws
Damn SAS that looks AWESOME!!!!!
thanks man, I'm excited and really pleased with the BL kid from BDS.
Old 04-26-2008, 05:31 PM
JK Newbie

Yeah really nice Jeep. I guess im stuck till I get 35's. How sluggish will it be if i don't regear?
Old 04-26-2008, 05:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by blkjk85
Yeah really nice Jeep. I guess im stuck till I get 35's. How sluggish will it be if i don't regear?
depending on what gears you have currently will determine how sluggish it will be.
Old 04-26-2008, 06:03 PM
JK Freak

Yeah I have the 2" bds also, been on for about 5 months now, I think it looks great.

p.s. SASQUATCH I see you got yours installed, did you do some trimming under the boot or did you heat up the shifter?
Old 04-26-2008, 09:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by TxCop07
Yeah I have the 2" bds also, been on for about 5 months now, I think it looks great.

p.s. SASQUATCH I see you got yours installed, did you do some trimming under the boot or did you heat up the shifter?
I heated the shifter after I installed the lift. I ditched the inner boot all together, even had to trim the sheetmetal top lift aft of the shifter, you know what I'm talking about. I tried trimming the shifter after I seen what it'd take to remove the short shifter porting the upper rod attaches to, it would create too much heat and ruin the seal among other things had I heated that portion as I'd originally hoped to. I sealed the 2" cylindrical gap with Great Stuff from Home Depot and it came out water resistant, sealed perfectly and it's quieter now than with the inner boot. I trimmed the great stuff after it hardened. It seals between the outter alum body of the tranny and the underbody about 2" wide and 2" tall. I heated the upper shifter up about an inch and it clears knuckles and doesn't bind on the upper shifter boot.

Quick Reply: BDS body life