Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bds 3 inch + 1 inch coil spacer Good or bad?

Old 02-27-2013, 05:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been running the 3" BDS lift with 35x12.50x18 Duratracs for 1.5 yrs with no issues at all.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:18 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same here. 3" bds on 35" Toyos and no clearance issues.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:28 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ciberic
Hi I have 3 inch BDS lift on my JKU! My local shop suggest me that I add 1 inch body lift because now I have 35 inch tires ! I dont want to go this route so I send a message to BDS and answer pretty quick!! Here is the e mail I got :

Thank you for choosing BDS Suspension Systems. We do offer a spacer kit when added to the Jk and removing the factory coil isolator will net 1" of total lift height. I would recommend you add the front adjustable track bar when adding 1" to the 3" system. The part numbers are listed below, please let me know if you need anything else.

024203-spacer kit, remove OEM isolator to gain 1".

124403 Front track bar

Anyone tried this ???
I installed RC 3.25" on my buds jkur once he got 35s we cycled the suspension and found out we had to add 1" of bump stop so the 35s won't rip off the stock fenders. since he didn't want to go any higher our cut his fenders we added a hockey puck as a bump stop worked like a charm. This rc kit didn't/doesn't come with bump stops maybe yours does. I say cycle your suspension yourself and you will find out of they will clear. Oh and just remember that the higher you go the more suspension components you will have to buy. The only reason I say cycle your suspension is because this 3.25" RC lift says it recommends 35x12.50 perfectly and it didn't.

Last edited by cis911; 02-27-2013 at 06:35 AM.

Quick Reply: Bds 3 inch + 1 inch coil spacer Good or bad?