Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

BDO front bumper for JK? (Big Daddy Offroad)

Old 10-30-2008, 06:04 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bwiencek
Not necessarily transmission - more of the R&P - you're on the 'coast' face of the gear which is known to be weaker.

Also - reverse usually has a lower numerically/ higher ratio than 1st - so you don't get the pulling advantage of 1st gear being a lower geared setup.
Yeah, wasn't thinking about the R&P. 1st and reverse are pretty close in our transmissions too. 4.06 reverse vs 4.46 in 1st. Still not good for the R&P though.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:40 PM
JK Newbie

I like the looks..but i would have preferred the tabs for the d rings to be black as well.
Old 10-30-2008, 11:05 PM
JK Freak

I would like to see a pic of a bumper with one of the flatracks attached to the front maybe with some gear on. I like the idea of this, but I'm thinking it wouldn't take much gear and your hindering the airflow, and like someone else mentioned covering up the headlights.
Old 01-01-2009, 05:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Bdo

Has anyone got one on their Jeep. I am an engineer for an aluminum extrusion company and I worked with the guys at BDO for their rock sliders. We extrud the sliders for them. The guys over there said they were going to give me one but dont have it yet.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:08 AM
JK Junkie

i havent found a pic on a jeep yet either.

at 550 shipped, you would think there would be a few of them out there.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have never found anything for the JK on BDO websites, or Quadratec. I would be interested to know if they actually make JK items yet.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:36 PM
JK Super Freak

I see 599 + shipping from their site. Wonderful design though. I like the idea of front hitch, for bikes or other acc's.
Old 09-13-2013, 12:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

I wanted to bring this thread back from the dead to see if anyone knows any more about this one these days. It is still listed for sale, but seems impossible to find a picture of one actually installed, or any opinions on it.
Very strange, it seems to be a decent looking bumper...

Quick Reply: BDO front bumper for JK? (Big Daddy Offroad)