Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

BB vs. Coils

Old 02-13-2009, 06:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BB vs. Coils

ok This is for the TF smart guys since I dont get it

TeraFlex JK Wrangler 2.5” Budget Boost w/Front Coils & Shocks -599$

Teraflex 2.5 Coil lift w/ Shocks - $619

One says:

Now available with replacement front coils, the 2.5” TeraFlex budget boost is the most economical lift for the JK Wrangler. The budget boost is designed for JK owners who wish to lift their vehicle without many modifications. The budget boost will increase off-road performance. Several innovative features of the TeraFlex budget boost are found in our exclusive spring retention spacers that do not allow the spring to drop out during extreme articulation. The kit comes with spacers, bumpstops, swaybar links and choice of shock adapters or TeraFlex shock absorbers.

the other says:

The 2.5” lift kit is an ultra simple lift kit designed for the serious no-frills four wheeling reminiscent of the old days. Build up the legend and go for a drive! The 2.5” of lift is the perfect amount to allow you to run a 35” tire, and give the maximum wheel travel and articulation. Perfect for all daily driven Wranglers. The kit is available in three configurations for your desired performance level. The basic lift includes all of the essential items needed (some form of shock modification will be required- either adapters or new longer shocks). The kit with adapters will allow you to utilize the factory shock absorbers, and the third configuration includes TeraFlex VSS 9550 shock absorbers to fine tune the suspension movements of the lifted vehicle. Pick your version, bolt it on, and get on the trail! This kit will allow you to run up to a 35” tire (aftermarket wheels with 4.5” backspacing or less are required). Fits all JK Wranglers including Rubicon and Unlimited.

As you can see both descriptions are super generic and to be honest they look like they both do the same thing...

Whats the differences ?? and what is better ??

I want to put 35's with new wheels - correct backspacing - on a 2009 rubi
which is the kit to use ?

the budget kit looks like its pucks, but with front coils and shocks it seems like its the same thing as a coil lift with shocks... ?? heh.

Thanks again in advance... this is by far the best forum in terms of responses that I have ever been part of... and I have been part of everything from Benz forums to Toyota, and snowboarding to online gaming forums hahaha
Old 02-13-2009, 06:47 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The BB kit that had only front coils, is no longer made. Sounds like you got some info of a vendor site that has updated in a while. Can you send me a link so I can contact them? Take a look at our current line up. http://www.teraflex.biz/products/ter...r-jk-unlimited

Make sure to download the 2009 catalog from the home page. Let me know if there's anything else you need.
Old 02-13-2009, 06:48 AM
JK Super Freak

This would probably be a good PM to send to Joe at Teraflex. He would have the answers for sure.
Old 02-13-2009, 07:10 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by sully151
This would probably be a good PM to send to Joe at Teraflex. He would have the answers for sure.
The man is on top of it. Gotta give them props, they are always answering folks questions and helping out however they can. Lots of companies could take lessons from them.
Old 02-13-2009, 07:33 AM
JK Super Freak

well once again this forum f'in rocks... I am thinking TF is the finest way to go hahah you guys rule... now I just want to get her home...
Old 02-13-2009, 07:52 AM
JK Super Freak

ok ok so I checked out the new 09 catalog...

the choice is still up in the air....

2.5” JK Lift Kit & adapters 1351200 $481.99

or

2.5” Budget Boost & Shocks 1255200 $507.99

the BB looks like it would be alot cheaper/easier to install

but over all is it worth it ?

I can get 35's under either It looks like...

hahaha I am addicted already... I just need a mentor!
Old 02-13-2009, 07:55 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by joey2times

or

Also remember you will get a different stance with those two kits. The BB is 2.5" front and back and will retain the factory stance. The 2.5" coils are 3+" up front and 2+" in back leveling the stance a bit. Something to consider based on your taste and if you plan on adding a heavy front bumper and winch combo down the road.
Old 02-13-2009, 07:56 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by joey2times

or

BB = stock rake
Coils - no rake
Old 02-13-2009, 07:58 AM
JK Newbie

Don't order the shocks as the Rubicon shocks are superior to what's in the kit. Both kits are avail. with shock adapters. I've heard the coils are a bit stiffer on that kit but they will correct the factory rake.
Old 02-13-2009, 07:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by HG97TJ
Also remember you will get a different stance with those two kits. The BB is 2.5" front and back and will retain the factory stance. The 2.5" coils are 3+" up front and 2+" in back leveling the stance a bit. Something to consider based on your taste and if you plan on adding a heavy front bumper and winch combo down the road.
since the coils actually give 3in in the front do you need to do anything with the breaklines or driveshaft

Quick Reply: BB vs. Coils