Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

BB sway bar problem

Old 05-05-2007, 10:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BB sway bar problem

I installed the Teraflex BB last night & found that after installing the front spacers, I noticed that the sway bar/link wanted to bend/flex down (instead of the usual up) when putting the front end under its own weight.

This caused the sway bar links to hit & not allow the suspension to drop any further.

I jacked it back up & basically pushed the sway bar joints up as it was dropping, but I'm worried that, with the sway bar disconnected (electronic Rubicon) & if the front end comes up uniformly, liike over a large berm in the road, the sway bar will bend down like it did.

Has anyone ran into this problem or think it will be a problem?

I think the obvious answer is longer sway bar links, which I think I will buy when I find a good supplier. Any suggestions?
Old 05-05-2007, 06:15 PM
JK Freak

I had the same problem.....I just jacked the Jeep back up, and had my wife use a small 2x4 to push against the link while I lowered the jack and it put it back into the correct position....

so I quickly order the Teraflex quick disconnects and installed them....fixed the problem....

The stock sway bar links are too short if you have a lift....

Hope this helps!!

Joe
Old 05-06-2007, 01:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the reply. I suppose I have a dumb question, though.... the Jeep already has factory swaybar disconnects (disengagers, really) that allows for sway bar drop....

All I really need is solid swaybar links, right? With the JK's setup, would I get getting any true benefit by buying disconnecting sway bar links? (like the benefit one would get if they didn't have a Rubi)

FWIW....we fixed our problem the same way!
Old 05-06-2007, 03:25 AM
JK Freak

Yes, I believe all you need then is longer sway bar links. I have heard of some people removing the rear links and putting them up front as a temporary solution. You should be able to find longer front link fairly cheap.

Mine quick disconnects were $100.

Quick Reply: BB sway bar problem