Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

BB Lift?

Old 01-28-2009, 12:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BB Lift?

Newbie here so dont beat me up to bad, question is this; what is the difference between a BB lift and any other type of lift? I tried to search for this but all that I got were people who were referencing a BB lift without actually explaining it. Thanks in advanced and sorry in advance for the stupid question.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:15 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BB is Budget Boost. They are coil spring spacers. Traditional lifts use replacement springs.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:16 PM
JK Newbie

Is there a real disadvantage to getting a BB?
Old 01-28-2009, 12:17 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by surfer99
Newbie here so dont beat me up to bad, question is this; what is the difference between a BB lift and any other type of lift? I tried to search for this but all that I got were people who were referencing a BB lift without actually explaining it. Thanks in advanced and sorry in advance for the stupid question.
No problem! Download the 2009 TeraFlex catalog. In it you'll find 3 different BB kits and 3 different 2.5" coil kits. There's a link in my sig line. Factory coils tend to sag some if you have a BB kit and throw some heavy bumper/winches etc on.

Last edited by TeraFlex; 01-28-2009 at 12:21 PM.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:23 PM
JK Newbie

ahhh gotcha. So if I was to plan on replacing my bumpers and adding a winch and other mods that would make my jeep heavier I would probably want to stay away from A BB?
Old 01-28-2009, 12:26 PM
JK Jedi

ahhh gotcha. So if I was to plan on replacing my bumpers and adding a winch and other mods that would make my jeep heavier I would probably want to stay away from A BB?
You might. Some people start at a BB anyway because it is such a cheap way to run larger tires. Good way to run bigger meat while you add other stuff. That 2.5 TF coil kit is awesome. It adds 3" in the front and 2.1 in the rear. It makes the jeep level. TF makes great products and has great customer service too.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:30 PM
JK Newbie

What I am planning on doing is buying a Rubicon in the near very near future and want to put a 4" lift on it with 35's and I am trying to figure out the best way to do this and the best cost. I plan on adding after market bumpers and a winch as well. Also I hear the term "spacer" thrown around a lot on this website. What does the term refer to and when would I need this?

Oh and once again if this information is readily avaible in another area or website please point me in the right direction, I am not afraid to do a little bit of reading/homework on my own to find these answers.

Last edited by surfer99; 01-28-2009 at 12:34 PM.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:35 PM
JK Jedi

What I am planning on doing is buying a Rubicon in the near very near future and want to put a 4" lift on it with 35's and I am trying to figure out the best way to do this and the best cost. I plan on adding after market bumpers and a winch as well. Also I hear the term "spacer" thrown around a lot on this website. What does the term refer to and when would I need this?
There are wheel spacers and coil spacers. Coil spacers are the BB, wheel spacers wover the wheels out to clear wider tires. 4" of lift is usually used to run 37s around here. You see most people running 35s on 2.5-3" of lift. When you go over 3" you get into needing driveshafts and stuff. Especially on a 2 door. I am about to run 4" lift this weekend. I am going long arm cause I want great ride and slinky travel. On top of the long arm kit and shocks I also needed driveshafts and extended brake lines.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:38 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for clarifying that. So I guess it would be a lot easier to go with a 3" lift than a 4" lift?

FYI I plan on getting a 4 door.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:41 PM
JK Jedi

Thanks for clarifying that. So I guess it would be a lot easier to go with a 3" lift than a 4" lift?

FYI I plan on getting a 4 door.
Search for the Old man Emu lift. If you run the Heavy duty kit with long travel shocks you can clear 35s and get a great ride. All you will need is their shocks, coils, and adjustable front and rear track arms.

Quick Reply: BB Lift?