Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

which bb to get?

Old 04-05-2010, 09:18 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Pro Comp 2.5" coil lift has sway bar drop brackets. The kit also has extended stroke front shocks (at least compared to emu's) for more articulation.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BIG_Steve
looking to lift the jeep in a couple months and have some questions.
i am looking for a 1 3/4" to 2" spacer lift and keep my factory shocks for a bit. I am thinking about the full traction 2" kit.
But what should i look for in a budget boost kit? I guess that should be what do i need? i see some kits include just front track bar relocation brackets, some just the rear and some none at all. Also do all kits lift the front and back the same amount? thought i read somewhere that the full traction kit is only 1 3/4 rear. my jeep sits pretty level now as is and would like to keep it that way.
any advice would be a big help.
I was looking at the Rusty's 2" BB option just because it comes with longer shocks. and its price at last check was $219.

ht tp://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=rustys&Product _Code=RK-BB20-JK&Category_Code=JKKITS

Last edited by armycop; 04-07-2010 at 09:40 PM. Reason: No links to non sponsors
Old 04-07-2010, 07:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Soooo much depends on how you use your jeep. If you are going to add bumpers, winch, etc. skip the BB and go with springs, longer sway bar links and extended brake lines. This is my experience.

Good luck and wheel that jeep.
Old 04-08-2010, 03:32 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stockrubi
I'm running BDS 2" budget boost. Its exactly 2". I really think this size is perfect if you only plan on running 33"s. I would recommend that you purchase some good gas shocks. I have been running there conventional shock for over 20,000 miles and can't take them anymore.

What's wrong with the BDS 5500 shock absorber?
Old 04-08-2010, 08:19 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tweakecho
I was looking at the Rusty's 2" BB option just because it comes with longer shocks. and its price at last check was $219.

ht tp://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=rustys&Product _Code=RK-BB20-JK&Category_Code=JKKITS
I say if you can swing the extra $$$ go for the Rusty's 2" coil kit. It rides great and gives you more than 2" of actual lift. I've had mine on for almost 3 years on two different JK's and it still rides great. I just don't like the idea of spacers when flexing.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:30 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well. Us with the two doors would be pushing the driveshaft limits when getting a coil lift that possibly would give more than 2.5" of lift.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:38 AM
JK Freak

If you want to keep your stock shocks I would look at the Teraflex leveling kit. You can run 33" tires, will keep the stock ride, and you don't need to add anything else.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:43 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by BIG_Steve
ok so all kits are good. but does the kit NEED sway bar drop brackets. some dont have them. are they a must? do they make a big difference? why do most kits have rear drops and only a few have front?
I think you mean track bar relocating brackets. No, you don't need them but any lift over 2.5" might need one in the rear or adjustable track bars to center the axles.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:54 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by river2c
I think you mean track bar relocating brackets. No, you don't need them but any lift over 2.5" might need one in the rear or adjustable track bars to center the axles.
Some kits have swaybar drop brackets instead of longer links.
Old 04-08-2010, 03:33 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by river2c
yup track bar relocating brackets is what i ment and if i don't need them i think i might just order rustys 2" spacers front and rear.....or the daystar kit....or.....

Quick Reply: which bb to get?