Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

which bb to get?

Old 04-04-2010, 05:16 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which bb to get?

looking to lift the jeep in a couple months and have some questions.
i am looking for a 1 3/4" to 2" spacer lift and keep my factory shocks for a bit. I am thinking about the full traction 2" kit.
But what should i look for in a budget boost kit? I guess that should be what do i need? i see some kits include just front track bar relocation brackets, some just the rear and some none at all. Also do all kits lift the front and back the same amount? thought i read somewhere that the full traction kit is only 1 3/4 rear. my jeep sits pretty level now as is and would like to keep it that way.
any advice would be a big help.
Old 04-04-2010, 05:33 AM
JK Freak

I only have experience with the teraflex lift. I have been running it with the shock extenders for 40000 miles and it's been great. It drives great and wheels great. I don't do too much extreme stuff and it has fit my needs fine. I originally planned on upgrading but now don't know if I will.
Old 04-04-2010, 06:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm running BDS 2" budget boost. Its exactly 2". I really think this size is perfect if you only plan on running 33"s. I would recommend that you purchase some good gas shocks. I have been running there conventional shock for over 20,000 miles and can't take them anymore.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:30 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Almost any BB will work well with the JK. I had the Daystar 1 3/4" on my last JK. With 2" or under, new shocks aren't a necessity, you can get extensions from TeraFlex or you can replace them if you want to. If you keep the stock shocks you will maintain the ride you have now. Other brands may be firmer depending on the type.
Old 04-04-2010, 01:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

I did the Daystar 1.75" on mine. Love it! I seriously cannot tell a difference in the ride from stock. Super easy to install (I am sure they all are).

Click image for larger version

Name:	0313001548.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	39983
Old 04-04-2010, 02:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Skyjacker

Another option is the skyjacker with shocks $280 or $302 depending on which you get... I have the more expensive nitros and it was $302... I plan on upgrading just because Im getting the itch for 35's but it is a great kit as well...
stock

bb

with 33's
Old 04-04-2010, 04:13 PM
JK Newbie

ok so all kits are good. but does the kit NEED sway bar drop brackets. some dont have them. are they a must? do they make a big difference? why do most kits have rear drops and only a few have front?
Old 04-04-2010, 06:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my skyjacker kit didnt come with them and i dont miss them
Old 04-04-2010, 06:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have th Rough country 2.5 bb.I got the one that came with everything but shocks.I love my lift it makes my jeep look tough
Old 04-05-2010, 02:31 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by BIG_Steve
ok so all kits are good. but does the kit NEED sway bar drop brackets. some dont have them. are they a must? do they make a big difference? why do most kits have rear drops and only a few have front?
Just curious: Which kits ("most"?) have sway bar drop brackets? I've installed both an RC 2.5" BB and a TF 2.5" coil lift, and neither had sway bar drop brackets. The TF did have extended rear sway bar links. And then you move the rear sway bar links to the front to replace the shorter ones in the front. I didn't do that because I already had manual quick disconnects up front that were the same length as the stock rear sway bar links. Does that help any?

Quick Reply: which bb to get?