Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Battin' .0000 with Tuffy!

Old 05-24-2013, 06:15 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battin' .0000 with Tuffy!

I got in Wednesday from offshore, opened my box with my Tuffy overhead console...I put it some what together with my Galaxy 94, measurements were checked before I purchased it to make sure it would fit, but it don't! Called Northridge 4x4 and let them know I will send it back due to measurements are not accurate. Mounted my Galaxy under the dash on the passengers side so I will have to take it off and bring it with me offshore. I got my Tuffy Rear center console in yesterday afternoon, went to my boys baseball game, came back home, opened the box up, and as soon as I pulled the foam off, there is a rip on the arm rest! Gonna call Northridge about that as soon as they open up this mornin'. I know they will take care of these issues, cause they are Northridge! Tuffy ain't lookin' good though!
Old 05-24-2013, 09:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So what exactly were your measurements? I'm not saying you are in the wrong. I just see a lot of people blame a company for the persons mistake.
Old 05-24-2013, 09:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 4x4Laoch
So what exactly were your measurements? I'm not saying you are in the wrong. I just see a lot of people blame a company for the persons mistake.
36X24X36 yeah baby!!!!
Old 05-24-2013, 09:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Your probably better off without it. Mines a rattly piece if crap and a head knocker. I would get rid of it but there just arent a lot of places to stuff a Cobra 29 in a Jeep. I dont want to put it on the dash. Might as well put up a sign that says free CB if i do that.

I wish i would have bought a smaller CB so I could mount it on the side of the center console.
Old 05-24-2013, 10:30 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 4x4Laoch
I had the figures on a piece of paper and made sure it would fit bro....I don't remember the EXACT measurements, but it should have fit by what BOTH websites said about their product. So simple fix, send it back! Its mounted and will be taken off and brought offshore with me or locked in my Tuffy trunk! I wish it would have fit! Would not have purchased it if I knew it wouldn't fit!
Old 05-24-2013, 10:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sand Scorpion
36X24X36 yeah baby!!!!
Old 05-24-2013, 10:34 AM
JK Freak

Northridge took care of the arm rest....I sent Brian some pics, he sent them to Tuffy, Tuffy is sending another arm rest to me. GEAUX NORTHRIDGE!
Old 05-24-2013, 10:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CajunTiger
I had the figures on a piece of paper and made sure it would fit bro....I don't remember the EXACT measurements, but it should have fit by what BOTH websites said about their product. So simple fix, send it back! Its mounted and will be taken off and brought offshore with me or locked in my Tuffy trunk! I wish it would have fit! Would not have purchased it if I knew it wouldn't fit!
No problem. I did some searches and from what I found is the galaxy 94 is 10 1/4" deep. the Tuffy console supports 10" deep. so It wont fit based on what I found. Now I can't say if either of those numbers are exact. Sometimes companies do make mistakes.

Quick Reply: Battin' .0000 with Tuffy!