Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Basic tire question

Old 01-25-2015, 07:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run 33" E rated Duratracs at 35psi on my rig and in my own opinion I find ride comfort to be as good as, if not better than, stock tires. I'm not advising one way or another on which rating to go with, but as far as ride comfort I have absolutely no problem at all running E rated tires on my unlimited.
Old 01-25-2015, 07:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ran 33 duratacs d rated I personally didn't like the roll in the tires side walls.

I run now 33ish Hercules trail diggers e rated and I love them I run them at 30psi and it works like a champ. also run them crawling up rocks and what not here in southern cali. at 15psi. do the sidewalls flex the same as d or even c rated tires no do I have issues climbing up the fun stuff nope not at all. I personally like the heavier duty tire especially for off-roading. on road it is comfortable also. I am not sure where back issues are going to come in to play with a e rated tire. they ride smooth on the road not as good as stock but we are talking apples to watermelons here stock tires are not even all terrian on a sport (goodyear tires). Rubicon is a different story for stock tires.

chalk test them and drive.

I am no tire expert so I cannot comment on heat from a tire I never heard of that in-regards to an automobile. only aircraft

Quick Reply: Basic tire question