Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Basic 4" lift kit - what else do I NEED?

Old 09-08-2011, 08:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Basic 4" lift kit - what else do I NEED?

Got a great deal on the RC 4" kit with shocks. Bought a steering stabilizer as well. This is mainly my DD with off roading about 3-5 times per month. What else do I NEED and what else SHOULD I get? I want this to be capable on the trails and as comfortable as possible on the road.

Flex arms? Track bar? etc??

Thanks for your help all.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:36 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have adjustable upper and lower control arms? and a new driveshaft (or two) would be a smart idea. You can run the stockers but it's usually just a matter of time before a boot rips. The FAQ section here> https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...272#post211272 Lists all the appropriate things you'll need...Not sure on the exact part# of you're lift so I can't really advise based on what you don't have...

Quick Reply: Basic 4" lift kit - what else do I NEED?