Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Barricade Trailforce Stubby Mod Idea

Old 09-06-2014, 10:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Barricade Trailforce Stubby Mod Idea

Hi All -

Has anyone tried to stubby the Barricade Trailforce bumper? I've been looking at bumpers (haven't bought one yet) and the price of the Barricade is appealing and I like the look, but I really would prefer a stubby style bumper.

I really haven't done any real metal fab, so I'm not sure what I'd be getting myself into here and figured i'd ask for anyone's thoughts on this. The idea would be to cut the ends off then cap the end and refinish it to look like the 2nd photo below....

Here's the barricade bumper as it's sold:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Barricade Full-mid.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	574594

Here's my idea:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Barricade Stubby Mock Up.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	574595

Credit to Extreme Terrain for the photos used in the mock ups!
Old 09-06-2014, 10:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't have an answer to your question, but I prefer the looks of it as it comes from them, rather than it stubbied.

In fact, it's the first time I see it, and one of the best I've seen.
Old 09-06-2014, 11:39 AM
JK Newbie

not knowing how the bumper is made at the outer portion its hard to say exactly. But if you like the look, it could be as simple as a cutoff wheel, and some plating to cap the ends (if the cutoff pieces aren't big enough), a welder and some time. Plus making it look good and paint.
Old 09-08-2014, 10:45 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Davep22
Hi All -

Has anyone tried to stubby the Barricade Trailforce bumper? I've been looking at bumpers (haven't bought one yet) and the price of the Barricade is appealing and I like the look, but I really would prefer a stubby style bumper.

I really haven't done any real metal fab, so I'm not sure what I'd be getting myself into here and figured i'd ask for anyone's thoughts on this. The idea would be to cut the ends off then cap the end and refinish it to look like the 2nd photo below....

Here's the barricade bumper as it's sold:
Attachment 574594

Here's my idea:
Attachment 574595

Credit to Extreme Terrain for the photos used in the mock ups!
Interesting thought! I haven't seen anyone cut up a Barricade Trail Force HD Front Bumper just yet. It should be as straight forward as making the cuts and welding on the plates. If you like the look then go for it! Just make sure you post lots of pictures. I've been working with Barricade to put together plans for additional bumpers and I'll talk to them about a stubby. Thanks for the input!

-Ryan

Quick Reply: Barricade Trailforce Stubby Mod Idea