Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Banks Torque Tube Headers?

Old 09-05-2007, 08:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Banks Torque Tube Headers?

Any one have any more info on these? Dyno sheets, etc.

They look nice but there website gives very little info for a $500+ item.
Old 09-05-2007, 12:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

I was curious about these also. Their products look pretty good. I was wondering when they'll have the air intake out for the JK. I believe they have the exhaust out as well. Not sure where the muffler mounts though. You're right, not a lot of info out yet.

Anyone used their stuff on an older Jeep before?
Old 09-05-2007, 12:41 PM
JK Junkie

I have used alot of Banks products over the years on diesel trucks. Their quality is top notch. However, their website is usually never up to date on new products. I've noticed it to be months behind on somethings. Your best bet is to call, chances are they have dyno sheets and more info already available to send to you. If you do call, the receptionists are usually useless and they will probably transfer you to a sales tech... who's line will go right to voice mail.. its frustrating, but they do always get back to you within a day or two at most and are very knowledgable and eager to help!
Old 09-05-2007, 01:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

It surprises me that quadratec is actually trying to sell an item that makes no claims.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Based on my positive experience with Banks on my TJ, I sent off for information about JK products. The quality of their products is top shelf. I did receive some literature, but it too is lacking on performance details. I have not called to follow up.

I have noticed a lack of performance details on all of the headers now on the market for the JK. I do not know why this is so, but could it be that the factory exhaust manifolds are fairly well designed?
Old 09-05-2007, 01:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Again, for me, I was happy with fit and performance/sound of the TJ header I installed from Banks. I wouldn't hesitate to use any of their exhaust products on my JK.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:23 AM
JK Newbie

I am intrested in them also. I have never used any of their products but hear they make some quality stuff.
Old 08-12-2008, 03:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Banks Header

Coated by FinishLine Coatings, color is "Titanium"

Last edited by Ryanm; 08-12-2008 at 03:24 PM.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:10 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Ryanm

Coated by FinishLine Coatings, color is "Titanium"

Are those yours? Any input on performance improvements?
Old 08-13-2008, 06:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yep, those are being installed this week. I won't know what to tell you as far as improvements until I come home on Leave end of August. My butt dyno will be out of whack from Iraq. The only thing I can use to compare is whether the Jeep holds 6th gear without issues across Nebraska. With CAI, Borla exhaust, jet stage 2, 4.10 gears and 35" tires, 6th is only workable in extreme flat conditions or downhill. Most of the time I leave it in 5th and call it a day. I'm hoping this gives me just enough juice to put it over the top and make it tolerable. I guess I'll see how it goes.

At some point I'm going to supercharge.

Quick Reply: Banks Torque Tube Headers?