Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Banks or K&N intake

Old 07-03-2011, 08:14 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Banks or K&N intake

First time poster here.

Just added a 2011 2-door 6-speed sport to the family yesterday and I'm already scouring the internet for parts.

I've searched through some of the old threads mentioning CAI kits and which is the best but can't really find much mention of the K&N system. I love K&N but the kit honestly seems a little more complicated than is necessary... the Banks, however, seems pretty simple.

Thoughts on exhaust as well? I have a full stainless borla system sitting in my "shopping cart" at this moment (along with the K&N kit and mirror relocating brackets)

Attached a picture of my Jeeps...

Thanks Guys
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	jeeps.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	177902  
Old 07-03-2011, 08:17 AM
JK Newbie

I have the banks kit. Its really easy to install and sounds great. There is a bit of a power gain. Seat of the pants comparison from stock.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the Banks CAI as well. Like it a lot. I have the Banks Cat back exhaust as well. If I did it over again I'd probably go with the Dynomax exhaust.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have k&n cai and love it plus easy to clean. Exhaust I went with afe 3" catback. Only thing I would change is the muffler to a flowmaster, but really no six cylinder is going to give you the sound you want or atleast the sound I want, need that hemi.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:49 AM
JK Freak

I have the banks cold air and the dynomax exhaust and it netted me about a 0.5 mile per gallon gain. Im very anal about my fuel economy and have been tracking it since new, so I can post the results when I get home, but I do not have them right now.

Sounds better but don't know how much power it added if any. Just helped the ole girl breathe easier
Old 07-03-2011, 03:21 PM
JK Newbie

Howdy,
I have the Banks CAI and it is nice and easy to install. I did change the oiled filter element for a dry filter. I also added a K&N outer filter which helps with water injestion. My exhaust is a flowmaster 60 which is in the stock location. It is really deep sounding and has no interior drone. Cant believe the sound comes from a 6 cylinder. Have a goodun!!!!
Old 07-03-2011, 03:32 PM
JK Super Freak

I know its not one of the options but I han an airaid and it was easy to install and works great. The thing I really liked about it was the price I got it for $170 to my door off the billboard section of the forum it looked brand new when I received it.
Old 07-03-2011, 05:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

i got the banks intake and exhaust. the intake i put on with a TBS and it really helped throttle response. i didnt like the exhaust till i had over 1000 miles on it to get it "broken in"
Old 07-03-2011, 08:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default banks

We have the banks .No issues. We love it .Sounds great
Old 07-03-2011, 08:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

i have a banks also, great sound! quiet before 2800 rpm, will trade for a snorkel though.. don`t know what i was thinking, jeeps aint racecars!

Quick Reply: Banks or K&N intake