Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Banks exhaust or flowmaster muffler?

Old 12-03-2008, 04:35 PM
Wes
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Flowmaster 40 series, sounds amazing. Purchased and install by a local shop for $90. Can't beat it, easily the best mod under 100 bucks.
Old 12-04-2008, 04:22 PM
JK Newbie

I have the banks monster kit and the Max Energy Hypertech chip set to normal unleaded. Big improvement over just the Powerade air intake. Great sound too.
Old 12-04-2008, 04:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Dano9969
I have the banks monster kit and the Max Energy Hypertech chip set to normal unleaded. Big improvement over just the Powerade air intake. Great sound too.
I wonder if the sound is decieving? I wish there was a simple and available way to esatablish a baseline before installing these things so we'd have something objective to go on.

Maybe something as simple as in a certain gear you can pull this hill at X mph. After installation I could pull the same hill at X plus?

There are enough people ,who say there is no difference beyond a lighter wallet, that I'm sceptical.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:32 PM
JK Newbie

I have the banks installed on my rubicon. I like the sound and I could notice a little more torque. But I did see a drop in MPGs (might have something to do with the Trueflow XDI). Overall though I am pleased, in the future i may add new banks headers to go with the exhaust.

Quick Reply: Banks exhaust or flowmaster muffler?