Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

ball joints

Old 12-29-2020, 07:14 AM
JK Newbie

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by resharp001
Meh, I think they have to state that just to cover their rear ends...
That's exactly right, Good one! LOL

Sure, these aren't set in stone, and obviously it is possible to mount larger tires, people do it all the time. But just in general, whether we are talking about engines, transmission, axles or whatever, overloading any part beyond its designed limits will lead to shorter component life, increased risk/rate of failure.
Old 12-29-2020, 09:56 AM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Yeh , i think if you have the cash to dump into it where it dosent effect your regular priorities cool . Why not . Theres no doubt that their is a pride in what you build it for.. Or even just to admire its Awesome looks . I think people new to owning a jeep feel they almost have to modify it to the hilt for it to be off road capable, I did too at one point. A stock rubicon will pretty much work for those who need a capable off road vehicle . I found for myself the theory of a little at a time works for me. Driving it stock for a good while and upgrade it as you find out what you need vs what yould like it to be . Yours already looks far more capable than mine for that matter. Another factor is def a factor is where you live . Here in NH we get harsh winters with road salt that just eats away at all the expensive

componants you spent a fortune on lol only to wath them rust away

Last edited by jeepmojo; 12-29-2020 at 10:01 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Travis Patton (12-29-2020)

Quick Reply: ball joints