Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Ball joint options?

Old 06-15-2011, 07:20 PM
kb1
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ball joint options?

A previous thread got me thinking about the stock ball joints. I'm going to 37's and know I have to gusset the C's. I also know that the stock ball joints aren't going to cut it for very long. Are there any other options out there that will stand up to 37's besides the Dynatracs? Or are they the only real game in town? $600 is alot to spend on ball joints, but if that's what is needed then it's a no brainer. Thanks!
Old 06-15-2011, 09:31 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mopar sells offset balljoints. They were easy to install.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:37 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by kb1
A previous thread got me thinking about the stock ball joints. I'm going to 37's and know I have to gusset the C's. I also know that the stock ball joints aren't going to cut it for very long. Are there any other options out there that will stand up to 37's besides the Dynatracs? Or are they the only real game in town? $600 is alot to spend on ball joints, but if that's what is needed then it's a no brainer. Thanks!
you get what you pay for with the dynatrac ball joints. quality built, super beefy, rebuildable and really, they're going to be the LAST set of ball joints that you'll ever need to get. and, if you can install them yourself, they cost about the same amount of money that it would cost for you to have your dealership install a set of factory replacements.
Old 06-16-2011, 04:56 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by wayoflife
you get what you pay for with the dynatrac ball joints. quality built, super beefy, rebuildable and really, they're going to be the LAST set of ball joints that you'll ever need to get. and, if you can install them yourself, they cost about the same amount of money that it would cost for you to have your dealership install a set of factory replacements.
This is one thing I have yet to replace. Looks straight forward, but is it?
Old 06-16-2011, 05:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

There are other good heavy duty ball joints out there,,, Quadratec sells some good ones, not quite as expensive either.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:34 AM
Owl
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wayoflife
I don't think the dynatrac ball joints have an offset option for camber adjustment. At least one of their reps. stated the same.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:41 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Owl
I don't think the dynatrac ball joints have an offset option for camber adjustment. At least one of their reps. stated the same.
i don't recall the OP asking for an offset option

if you make sure to gusset up your c's ahead of time, you will not need offset ball joints and, if it's too late, i believe that jeg's make a set.
Old 06-16-2011, 07:39 AM
kb1
JK Newbie

No, the 37's aren't going on until the c's are gusseted. I just figured while I have everything apart to just replace the ball joints.

Quick Reply: Ball joint options?