Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Balancing powder

Old 11-14-2011, 05:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Balancing powder

Has anyone ever used balancing powder in their tires? The shop that did my gear swap and mounted my 35"s asked if I wanted to use it and I have a friend who has a hemi ram with 35"s that uses the same shop and also has balancing powder. He has no issues so I figured I'd give it a try. Now i have a vibration at 40 mph. Sometimes it's really bad sometimes it's not. I think it depends on whether the powder has been spun around to where it needs to be. I.e. has it sat for awhile and the powder fell down.

I should also say I have the 3.25" rough country installed with stock control arms. (I know axle placement can effect vibrations and bump steer and such). I installed the lift and drove for a couple of days with stock tires and gears before getting the gear swap and 35"s installed. I had no vibration without the gears and bigger tires. Just wanted to see what everyone thought. Thanks guys

Quick Reply: Balancing powder