Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
View Poll Results: Final Poll: Choose My Tire (35x12.5x17)
Goodyear MT/R with Kevlar
56.25%
Nitto Trail Grappler
37.50%
Pro Comp Xtreme M/T
6.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Balancing Issues with Goodyear MT/R w/ Kevlar??? & Final Pick My Tire Poll

Old 08-12-2011, 10:46 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Balancing Issues with Goodyear MT/R w/ Kevlar??? & Final Pick My Tire Poll

I had asked for help choosing a tire in a previous post / poll and I'd like to thank everyone for their input and information. I came out of that with a few more questions and thoughts.

1st. I was very interested in this tire but I'm hearing that there are balancing and uneven wearing issues.

2nd. I haven't heard anything bad about the Nitto Trail Grapplers. Does anyone have a complaint.

3rd. Are the Pro Comp Xtreme MT's worth a look.

These are my final three choices for a set of 35x12.50x17's for my JK. The BFG's are out of the running right now because of the back-order issues. Thanks for voting in the other poll and please vote here. Leave any positive or negative comments, they all help. Ultimately I'm looking for the best street and wet pavement tire. NO I do NOT want an A/T tire. This jeep is a daily driver (about 300 miles a week).

Last edited by henrynick; 08-12-2011 at 10:49 PM.
Old 08-13-2011, 02:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

where are you at in louisiana?, if you are anywhere close to me i have nitto trail grapplers and you can come drive mine, they balance easy and for a m/t they are fairly quiet, i took em on a 2000 mile trip beginning of summer, NO PROBLEMS. Offroad they are great, if you are close and want to drive it p.m. me i am off this weekend
Old 08-14-2011, 01:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know much about the Pro Comps, but for your stated mission the Trail Grappers will beat the heck out of the MT/Rs.

To be honest, your stated requirements sound exactly like what A/T tires were designed for, but if you don't like 'em, hey, it's your Jeep.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:57 PM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Trail grapplers hands down...awesome on and off road, balance great, and will last

Quick Reply: Balancing Issues with Goodyear MT/R w/ Kevlar??? & Final Pick My Tire Poll