Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Balancing beads

Old 01-10-2016, 01:18 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Balancing beads

Some do airsoft, some counteract beads, Some dynabeads?

I'm in the Midwest and finding someone to balance my 37mtr's on beadlocks is challenging.

I'm thinking beads is my best solution. This is my daily driver so I need to resolve this balancing issue in the next 1-2 days. I like the dynabeads based on what I've read.

Question is why is one better than the other? I've read lots of success stories for all sorts of beads. What are the negatives of these different bead options? Please use your own Experiance or a personally known Experiance.

Northridge 4x4
Old 01-10-2016, 03:39 PM
JK Super Freak

I ran the dynabeads on my 35" nitto's and aev beadlocks for a couple years with no issues. I ran them for the same reason your looking at them, I couldn't find anyone to mount and balance my wheels and tires. The biggest issue I had was when I swapped to 37's they make a huge mess, we still find those beads all over my buddies garage lol.
Old 01-10-2016, 04:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When you say you are having trouble finding someone to balance your MTR's, do you mean you have had them balanced with poor results or do you mean that you can't find a place willing to try to balance them?

I ask because having owned a set of MTR's I'll never buy another they are frequently out of round and notoriously tough to balance. So if the places you tried can't get them balanced well it might just be bad tires...
Old 01-10-2016, 04:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you have already mounted your tires, from my understanding is you have done one at least, then you're going to have to break the bead to get them in there. Dynabeads can be put through the valve stem if you are not running TPMS valve stems. Plus they also have an option for the larger beads for the bigger mud tires on their site that will not be able to fit through the valve stems.
Old 01-10-2016, 05:27 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have ran them on my Harley and can't really say I noticed anything different. If you put them in through the valve stem it is a little bit of a pain in the butt. You should run a specialized valve stem if you are running them, if not they can get caught and not seal properly. I am sure their site sells this stem. It is recommended when putting air in the you have the tire rotated so the stem is up so all the beads are in the bottom of the tire and not apt to get into the stem. As for making a mess, I have never had any issue you just have to be careful when un-mounting and empty them into a garbage sack. They can be poured back in and reused.

Later

KingCon
Old 01-10-2016, 06:21 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Biginboca
When you say you are having trouble finding someone to balance your MTR's, do you mean you have had them balanced with poor results or do you mean that you can't find a place willing to try to balance them? I ask because having owned a set of MTR's I'll never buy another they are frequently out of round and notoriously tough to balance. So if the places you tried can't get them balanced well it might just be bad tires...
Nobody wants to touch the beadlocks even thought the tire is already mounted

Northridge 4x4
Old 01-10-2016, 06:22 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mhockey9090
If you have already mounted your tires, from my understanding is you have done one at least, then you're going to have to break the bead to get them in there. Dynabeads can be put through the valve stem if you are not running TPMS valve stems. Plus they also have an option for the larger beads for the bigger mud tires on their site that will not be able to fit through the valve stems.
I'm not running tpms

Northridge 4x4
Old 01-10-2016, 06:29 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have heard of these things for years but it still eludes me as to how they work?

Oh wow, just watched a YouTube video. Really cool stuff

Last edited by DKJEEP; 01-10-2016 at 06:35 PM.
Old 01-10-2016, 06:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wrangeler X
I'm not running tpms

Northridge 4x4
Then you have the option of using the dyna beads that can be put through the valve stem or break the bead and install the airsoft bb's
Old 01-10-2016, 06:52 PM
JK Freak

I put 20k and they were just ok. Developed a shimmy and had to remove them. Give it a shot

You can always install some monster valves. Should be able to get air soft through them

Quick Reply: Balancing beads