Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Balancing 35x12.5x17 tires

Old 06-10-2011, 12:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Balancing 35x12.5x17 tires

So my tires have a little vibration when i put them on this year. I noticed some of the stick on weights missing. I was told by one shop to change from the weights and go to a bag solution. Seems you toss in this bag and then it balances the tire during rotation. I have read about the beads for balancing and even some of the balancing liquids. I am not too fond of a liquid solution here in the north. Even though I do not these tires during the winter.
Okay - has anyone used this bag solution and can you share some information on it?
Thank you for your input.
Mandor6863
Old 06-10-2011, 12:38 PM
JK Newbie

I have the exact same sized tires on my jeep. Mickey Thompson side biters ATZ's. I have vibration only @ 60 MPH + that is noticeable everything below that is not there or so slight I can't notice it. The balancing strat used for my Jeep was the weighted bags not the stickers. I am not 100% sure if the bags are many small bags or just loose beads inside. I was not there for when they mounted the tires onto the rims. I will say this sometimes the vibration is less at the same speeds than other times. I have to guess that somtimes they stay as a lump or not spread-out as well as they should. I was told to avoid the "weight" stickers at all costs because as tires wear down they no longer keep them in balance because of unequal tire wear from driving, turning, and offroading.

I hope that helps you some.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq263AYgyYg

Last edited by Newjeepster; 06-10-2011 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Added link.
Old 06-10-2011, 12:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just talked to a truck company and they are suggesting using centrimatics. Seems they are a ring bolts inside the wheel and they will balance the wheel. Not cheap but they said this is better than the bags. Here we go - anyone use the centrimatics?
Thank you all.
Mandor6863
Old 06-10-2011, 04:14 PM
JK Super Freak

They don't make centamatics for 5x5 bolt pattern.
Old 06-10-2011, 04:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mandor6863
Just talked to a truck company and they are suggesting using centrimatics. Seems they are a ring bolts inside the wheel and they will balance the wheel. Not cheap but they said this is better than the bags. Here we go - anyone use the centrimatics?
Thank you all.
Mandor6863
I would def recommend not getting beads. I had those and after awhile I lost balancing prob a month of driving and same thing happen to a buddy of mine. I ended up getting it scraped out and vaccumed and got my wheels and tire mounted and balanced normal and drives great now.
Old 06-10-2011, 04:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

After looking at the web site , you are correct. For Jeeps all I see is 5x4.5.
Back to square one. I will call around some more in the local area and see what options I have.
Thank you
Mandor6863

Quick Reply: Balancing 35x12.5x17 tires