Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bad Wheel Bearings?

Old 09-19-2010, 05:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Turns out the rotor is warped! It can't be turned again. The pad should eventually wear in, to where it won't squeak right? I'm thinking slotted rotors next, any suggestions??
Also out of curiosity how do the front and rear hub assemblys differ or are they all the same?

Last edited by betjeep09; 09-19-2010 at 05:11 PM.
Old 09-19-2010, 05:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would get a new rotor instead of just waiting for the pad to "wear in." Also, check to see if the rotor would be covered under warrenty. It prob not be, but its's worth a shot !

Originally Posted by betjeep09
Turns out the rotor is warped! It can't be turned again. The pad should eventually wear in, to where it won't squeak right?
Old 09-19-2010, 05:39 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by betjeep09
Turns out the rotor is warped! It can't be turned again. The pad should eventually wear in, to where it won't squeak right? I'm thinking slotted rotors next, any suggestions??
Also out of curiosity how do the front and rear hub assemblys differ or are they all the same?
The front and rear bearings are entirely different from each other.

The front bearings are in a unit hub assembly. See the link in my post on the previous page.

Each rear bearing is a single row tapered roller bearing, pressed onto the axle shaft.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

After investigating I was missing a brake pad clip and the caliper cam bolt nut was stripped. Part #6 if you go to the dealer and look at the brake caliper. 12$ for 2 nuts and 2 bolts or enough to replace them for 1 caliper. After this no more noise!!!!!

Quick Reply: Bad Wheel Bearings?