Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bad throwout bearing - Lift question

Old 03-04-2009, 03:18 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad throwout bearing - Lift question

I know there is a TSB out for this but I have a 2.5 inch lift and a 1 inch body lift I was just wondering if I should change it back to stock before I bring it to get looked at?
Old 03-04-2009, 04:15 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jvalason
I know there is a TSB out for this but I have a 2.5 inch lift and a 1 inch body lift I was just wondering if I should change it back to stock before I bring it to get looked at?
I brought mine in and had no problems with my lift/tires and what not. Your experience may vary. Some US dealers can be pricks.
Old 03-04-2009, 05:54 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My dealer that i work with is going to due RubyDoo's due me regearing with the bigger tires so She is close to stock ratio and not causing any extra stress on the clutch.
Old 03-04-2009, 07:55 AM
JK Super Freak

I have a 3" lift and 35's, and took my rig in for one last warranty shot before I roll over 36k on the clock. Throwout bearing was one thing on my list, since it's making noise. They grumbled a little about the lift and tires, but not too much.

The real dealbreaker was that there's a 12,000 mile warranty on all clutch items, since they're considered wear items. Even the throw-out bearing, and even though there's a TSB on it. Just a heads up.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:06 AM
JK Freak

Ok I'm at 10k so should be fine then. Thanks for the replies!
Old 03-04-2009, 02:37 PM
JK Junkie

Our dealer didnt give me any problems about the lift, in fact they didnt even say anything about the 12K warranty on the clutch. They did both TSB's at 16K on ours and I know a few others had it covered with alot more miles on thiers. It just depends on your dealer.

Quick Reply: Bad throwout bearing - Lift question