Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bad things can happen with a winch that is direct wired to the battery.....

Old 08-07-2014, 09:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The person (people) who did this obviosulsy had plenty of time and were not worried about anyone catching them in the act. Even with a kill switch, if they were able to switch wiring to get the winch to work without a controller, they would have figured out a different way to hook up the main power. And if it didn't work, my guess is this person would have done other damage to the Jeep. It was probably someone who knows and has a grudge against your friend. No "criminal" would spend that much time to set this up. Or...a bunch of kids who think it's fun which just means they would have done something else like roll the Jeep.
Old 08-07-2014, 09:25 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dead horse.

Last edited by syn-ack; 08-07-2014 at 10:11 AM.
Old 08-07-2014, 09:37 AM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Damn, that really sucks, but +1 for creativity. That guy must have really pissed someone off.
Old 08-07-2014, 09:59 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No pictures? If this happened to a buddy of mine im sure they would have sent me some pictures...
Old 08-07-2014, 10:01 AM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Maertz
No pictures? If this happened to a buddy of mine im sure they would have sent me some pictures...
I second this. Would love to see some pictures.
Old 08-07-2014, 10:12 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Maertz
If you don't have pictures, and didn't post it to social media, did it really happen?
Old 08-07-2014, 10:42 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by rozzman10

If you don't have pictures, and didn't post it to social media, did it really happen?
Nope then its a rumor/hoax... I just want ti see jk carnage it makes me smile... Hard..
Old 08-07-2014, 01:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Good grief. Bunch of little girls arguing on here. Dumb. Add kill switches! No wait, lock the doors! Install shatterproof glass! Don't park there! Watch that curb! Ah shit, just leave the Jeep in the garage. But wait, they can get in there too. Oh noes!!! lol. ;-)
Old 08-07-2014, 01:30 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
It's stories like this that cause me to lose a little more hope for this world. While not nearly as serious, I have found that my JK has become a constant target for douche-bag diesel trucks "rollin coal." Yeah, must be so cool to bury a guy in a cloud of black diesel soot. Especially safe when I'm cruising down the highway at 70.
Oh man - I used to be that guy. Before jeeps - I was heavy into the diesel world and had a fairly fast cummins turbo diesel that could black out a 4 lane highway. Yeah...I thought I was cool.
Now, I see dudes doing that all the time and I can't help but think what dickheads they are. Funny how things change
Old 08-07-2014, 07:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Wow this thread turned into a bunch of whining.

Does anybody have any other good options for kill switches than what i posted?

Quick Reply: Bad things can happen with a winch that is direct wired to the battery.....