Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Is this bad? (lift related)

Old 09-24-2009, 07:24 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kinda reminds me of a call I had years ago. I've rum EMS since the 90's, had a call once for the "Uncontrollable bleeding from nipples".....no shit! Turned out this guy was on blood thinners, and got a wild hair up his ass one night while drinking (Here, hold my beer, watch this!) and pierced his own nipples. Bled like a stuck pig! Not really sure how I held a straight face on that one while enroute to the hospital
Old 09-24-2009, 08:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

I met a guy once that said he pierced his own junk!
Old 09-24-2009, 08:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

I say you milk it.

You can milk anything with nipples.
Old 09-25-2009, 06:12 AM
JK Freak

hey that's an idea....pierce it and put in a "bar bell" that should keep it pionted down.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

That's a good idea, but the piercing may cause it to be too sensitive.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:23 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was going to post a suggestion, but now after reading all this, I need to talk to my bishop. Thanks guys.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:30 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by drgreybow
Got up under my jeep to check things out a couple weeks after I did my Teraflex 2.5" Coil lift and saw this on the rear spring. I don't know if it just settled weird or what, but it didn't look that originally. I don't know what you call that thing that's pointed off to the side, (i've been calling it a nipple ). But it's not close to touching the coil. Do you think it's ok to leave it that way? Or should I pop the coil off and re-adjust so it points straight down?

All joking aside it looks like you may not have had it seated in there correctly from the get-go. As it's been said you need to fix it. If you didn't come short of soiling your pants trying to get the puck seated into the body of the JK then it's not seated correctly.
Old 09-26-2009, 03:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

In all seriousness, I tried to fix this today, but I wasn't successful. I jacked up the jeep and let the axle droop so I could move around the spring under the rubber bushing. I found that its sitting flush on the bushing all the way round. I don't see why it would be leaning over to the side like this. The coil is seated straight up and down, and it looks the same as the other side which looks fine.

So as long as the "nip" isn't touching the coil and the rubber bushing seems to be seated properly, isn't it OK to just leave it like this? Maybe someone from Teraflex can weigh in.
Old 09-26-2009, 03:34 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Guessing the tittie wasn't shipped/installed with a production flaw like that? More likely you just overextended and were very lucky to have it in there, even if it ended up pinched to one side.

My only worry about leaving it that way would be, did it lose any strength/structural integrity/whatever the correct term is? The next time you flex, will it snap off and let the coil come out?

Quick Reply: Is this bad? (lift related)