Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bad control arm bushing cause DW?

Old 09-15-2010, 05:13 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Bad control arm bushing cause DW?

I would think a grade 5 will work.
I would get one that's just larger than the bolt, use the bolt as a locator so to speak. Tack the washer on, pull bolt out and weld it securely.

Sent from my Droid
Old 09-15-2010, 05:15 PM
JK Jedi

Best part about this place is everyone is great and helpful. Just trying to help a fellow jeeper.

Sent from my Droid
Old 09-17-2010, 10:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Ok, my new stock control arms came in, putting them on tomorrow. I got an appt with my welder for wednesday morning to put JKS track bar bracket brace on/and weld on washer or metal plate for the front rear hole. I also have a front axle side trackbar brace coming in today and new adjustable track bar. Should I wait to put on new trackbar and frame side brace until I can get the axle side bace and washer welded on? The frame side is a bolt on.
Old 09-18-2010, 07:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Wanted to do an update on progress. Lower control arms replaced with new stock arms, front track bar frame side fixed with bolt on brace, new JKS adjustable front trckbar installed, axle is now centered within 1/16 of an inch/close enough. No more DW or at least after a 30 minute test ride including hitting same potholes that gave me DW. I think its fixed. Just to be safe I am still installeing JKS front track bar bracket brace, may have welder weld on washer on rear side of front axle side trackbar bracket. After I install the JKS brace, I am going to throw on the teraflex stabilizer and woods relocation bracket and hopefully never have this problem again.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:49 AM
JK Super Freak

JKS brace welded on. I took for an hour test ride from highway to country roads with lots of bumps. No DW. After my test ride I installed the teraflex Stabilizer and woods relocation bracket. Everything works great. Thanks again for help guys. For anyone reading this thread researching DW, dont freak out, you will find out what it is and it is fixable.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:01 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Olean NY Jeeper
JKS brace welded on. I took for an hour test ride from highway to country roads with lots of bumps. No DW. After my test ride I installed the teraflex Stabilizer and woods relocation bracket. Everything works great. Thanks again for help guys. For anyone reading this thread researching DW, dont freak out, you will find out what it is and it is fixable.
good deal man glad u fixed it.. i would say if u drove it with no SS and it was solid i'd say your good to go!!
Old 09-22-2010, 02:16 PM
JK Jedi

IMO what also might have done your bushings in was the welding of the skids and the heat transfer to the bushing.. Idk the only reason I say is I think the reason I had to replace my bjs was due to the welding in of Evo gussets. We were careful and cooled it alot, but its to coincidental just like your situation.
Glad u got it fixed!!

Sent from my Droid

Quick Reply: Bad control arm bushing cause DW?