Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

backspacing question

Old 04-17-2011, 11:35 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default backspacing question

getting conflicting information from different people on what will or will not work... Wheels with 5.25 backspace with tires that are 315/70/17. Will i get rubbing without spacers? And, if i have to run spacers, say, 1.25, how far will they stick outside the fenders? I have a 2.5 inch coil lift that I have setting in the box in the garage, trying to get all my pieces to my puzzle rounded up before I get started. Right now im running a 32 x10x17. tires are even with the fenders now. I have no problem with running spacers, i just didnt know where the tires were gonna end up.If the tires are even with the fenders now, wouldnt a 1.25 spacer put the tire out 1.25 inches? Any help with explaining this to me would be great.

Last edited by A Festavan; 04-18-2011 at 08:16 PM.

Quick Reply: backspacing question