Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Backorder for Mickey Thompson wheels!?

Old 07-18-2013, 07:28 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Backorder for Mickey Thompson wheels!?

I ordered a set of wheels from Mickey Thompson in mid May and still have not received them. I called to check on them in mid June and I was told that they would be out for delivery in two weeks. I called again yesterday and they told me in could be October before I see my wheels. WHAT!? Is anyone else waiting on wheels from them? Is this normal? Any thoughts or advice would be helpful. Thanks.
Old 07-18-2013, 07:45 PM
JK Newbie

yup with their tires. Cancel the order and call Quadratech. they stock wheels and are a premium dealer so they might have some in the warehouse for you
Old 07-19-2013, 06:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm just assuming but are you looking for them in black? I did the same song and dance months ago now. Every month on the "delivery date" I'd get another back order. Good luck sir. I know this doesn't help but just some info.
Old 07-20-2013, 04:26 AM
JK Junkie

Call your local shops first and see who may have them in stock. I ordered claws from that tire place in WV (can't think of the name now) and they were on backorder. I went to a local shop who had them sitting in the corner. They were able to price match and it wasn't a problem to cancel my previous order since I needed them for an upcoming event.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Old 07-21-2013, 11:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

I was looking for the MT classic lock in black about 5 months ago. I did a search on google, called about a dozen web sites and got the same answer from them all.
"There is only 8 in the U.S. of the size I am looking for 17" 5 on 5". i was told by each person that I talked to he couldnt guaranteee I would get all 5. Long story short I called one more web site he said same thing. He told me about 90% of web sites dont stock much of any thing he said its all "drop shipped". So I took my chance and ordered 5, 1 week later I had 2 from the east coast and and 1 week after that 1 had the other 3 from the west coast. My wife had picked out 3differentt wheels for her 2013 JKU and all 3 styles are on back order.
Old 07-21-2013, 03:11 PM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow, hard to believe this is still the case. I was shopping for these back in 3/2012 and gave up. Glad I did now.
Old 07-22-2013, 03:49 AM
JK Newbie

Fella I wheel with ordered five in April. He got four, is waiting for the spare.

Quick Reply: Backorder for Mickey Thompson wheels!?