Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Back Windows Tint

Old 02-19-2012, 07:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back Windows Tint

Hey guy's wondering if anyone has heard of spraying the back windows on a soft top for tint....It seems that i have read that
someone has done this, just curious. I would rather spend the money on other things instead of purchasing the factory tint ones.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

I don't know if it would work. I'm pretty sure it wont.. But I'm not 100% sure. My reasoning is that it's a soft window an not a hard window so it wouldn't stay perfect very long, because the window will fold and crease when rolled up or put away. Hope that helps
Old 02-19-2012, 07:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah that makes sense.....I thought i read somewhere on here that someone has done this. I guess i will just half to add the factory tint windows to my wish list! LOL!
Old 02-19-2012, 08:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't heard of someone spray tinting the soft top windows. However, I have seen a few guys on here use the window cling tint on the soft top windows
Old 02-19-2012, 08:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

I would love to tint the front two windows but think it would look silly, with the back windows not tinted. I just need to win the
lottery!
Old 02-19-2012, 08:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MacBeJeepin
I haven't heard of someone spray tinting the soft top windows. However, I have seen a few guys on here use the window cling tint on the soft top windows
I just checked out the window cling tint, this might work.....i guess it's worth a try!
Old 02-19-2012, 08:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm in the same boat. I have clear soft top windows on my 4door. But I want tinted ones. So I'll probably be trying out the window cling tint this summer. That way I can get the door windows professionally done (and maybe front window???)
Old 02-19-2012, 08:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MacBeJeepin
I'm in the same boat. I have clear soft top windows on my 4door. But I want tinted ones. So I'll probably be trying out the window cling tint this summer. That way I can get the door windows professionally done (and maybe front window???)
If i do it, i will post some pics.... I might go to walmart today to see if they have it!
Old 02-19-2012, 08:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by caryfire
If i do it, i will post some pics.... I might go to walmart today to see if they have it!
Please do post some pictures. That'd be awesome

Quick Reply: Back Windows Tint