Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Back from 11,000 mile roadtrip/expo. What maintenance?

Old 02-15-2013, 06:46 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back from 11,000 mile roadtrip/expo. What maintenance?

Hey guys,

I am just back from a long trip, 11554 miles to be exact. I posted pics here:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-s...p-pics-258771/

I hit 30 different states, and did a fair amount of offroading (water, mud, dust, rocks), as well as, obviously, a ton of highway. Now that I am back, I want to make sure everything is in order with the Jeep.

I have done an alignment- all set there. When it gets a bit warmer, i plan on doing an oil change and the diffs. I did a trans and coolant flush before I left.

What else should I check, change or flush?

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:53 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

I think that about covers it. Oil, diffs, change or clean the air filter. Check tranny and radiator fluid.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:12 AM
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's cool that's a lot of driving and exploring...
We did 5k on a trip from San Diego to Idaho we explored everywhere we could, it was a pretty long run so 11k+ wow that's great...love road trips.....

My list is pretty basic if based on mileage if you have a fair amount already then of course the other fluid changes come to mind ie tranny fluid if its auto, radiator flush, power steering and or brake fluid.(that's of your higher mileage)
If its still lower mileage it sounds like you covered it, now I'm off to go browse your pictures....thanks for
Posting.....

Quick Reply: Back from 11,000 mile roadtrip/expo. What maintenance?