Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Baaaaaaahhhh

Old 03-08-2010, 05:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rozzman10
i have LSD.. and in just 2wd the back will hook up no matter what.. but when i go into 4wd the back wont hook up at all.. and yes.. lockers are in the future.. atleast in the rear.. because from riding four wheelers since i was 5 i know that even if only your rear end is locked you will go more places than someone with a LSD..
The LSD locks up when there is wheel spin. When you are in 4wd, there is less wheel spin in the rear. The front wheels have the weight of the engine, so when there is drive power to them you can go further without slipping.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:01 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx
the esp is usually enought to keep all 4 spinning. even in low it should still be working. the thing is it's not immediate. you have to let the wheels spin in order for it to work...

video evidence. this was open/open with no LSD (PS, check out the date hehehehe, that's why i was being such a baby, it was like 3 weeks old and at the time there weren't many others out, so it's not like there was an abundance of spare parts available. hell, i made the lift that is on it)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVN9RDAaZBI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goheCXIVQ4U
Just my 2cents. From what I've seen us open differentials will 'spin' both when they equally don't have any traction. It doesn't mean they both helping move the vehicle. Since once one has more traction, the other will stop spinning. Had that video shown you spinning like hell, then hitting a patch of solid dirt on one side, the other wheels would just spin like mad while the ones on dirt would have all the traction.

Just what I've experienced in the past running open axles. However I didn't have BLD on my rig.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Lockers dude.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:24 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok.. So I see that it takes a lot of wheel spin to get it to work.. Well I tried it all lol.. But it simply comes down to gettin some flippin lockers.. Then no ESP is needed.. Cut that dang wire and hammer down!!!! Anyone got about $2000 laying around so I can just get the lockers this week?
Old 03-08-2010, 09:37 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx

The traction control on these JK's is really effective, but you ahve to get the wheels spinning for it to really do it's job. YOu don't have to hammer down like in the vids i just posted, but even just getting the tires moving a revolution or two is normally enough.
sounds pretty interesting. I'm too spoiled with my "off road traction control" buttons