Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

b&m trans cooler

Old 01-26-2011, 03:37 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default b&m trans cooler

so i installed the b&M trans cooler, checked the trans fluid level and it was about 2 inches higher then hot, turned on the engine for 30 seconds to fill the cooler and check for leaks, there where no leaks but the cooler was really hot, im going to check every thing again in a hour to see where everything stands but i was wondering how hot it was supposed to be and if anyone had any advice, i followed the write up thread on it.

also for the stupid question of the day, how the hell do i feel it back up, its not throught the dip stick is it?
Old 01-26-2011, 03:47 PM
JK Newbie

Dipstick is correct.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:48 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by joe a
Dipstick is correct.

thanks, just comfirmed that with a friend.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by willypapooh
so i installed the b&M trans cooler, checked the trans fluid level and it was about 2 inches higher then hot, turned on the engine for 30 seconds to fill the cooler and check for leaks, there where no leaks but the cooler was really hot, im going to check every thing again in a hour to see where everything stands but i was wondering how hot it was supposed to be and if anyone had any advice, i followed the write up thread on it.

also for the stupid question of the day, how the hell do i feel it back up, its not throught the dip stick is it?
The new cooler got really hot in just 30 seconds?? Something is wrong.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They can get pretty hot. The fluid is gonna be a hundred plus degrees when driving. How much time had passed when u parked it until you put the cooler on. The fluid in the pan may not have cooled off yet.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:58 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine never gets so hot that you can't touch it for a second or two. I needed to add 1/2 quart of tranny fluid when I installed it.

Quick Reply: b&m trans cooler