Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Axles bending with bigger tires?

Old 09-03-2012, 05:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dahreno
I run 35" tires and my axle is now bent , don't make the same mistake , go straight for sleeves and inner c gussets as fast as you can , it's cheap insurance!
So what you are saying because you have 35 your axle bent because of the tires

Or is it because of something else
Old 09-07-2012, 08:55 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe they bent because of the tires. That alot of mass at the ends of the housing. I can see how it wouldn't take much to bend the outer C's. I said knuckles earlier in the thread but I meant outer C's. I'm planning on doing the C gussets and sleeves with the stock tires. That way stock or larger I shouldn't have anything to worry about. Within reason, of cource...
Old 09-07-2012, 09:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dahreno
I run 35" tires and my axle is now bent , don't make the same mistake , go straight for sleeves and inner c gussets as fast as you can , it's cheap insurance!
So how do you fix your bent axle? With a new one? How much?

Quick Reply: Axles bending with bigger tires?