Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Axle trusses: Artec or Evo?

Old 10-22-2021, 07:32 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

By the time you did all that you would be where you could buy an wider aftermarket axle and sell the factory 44 for less money. A 60/44 from fusion is $6375 with an ARB and RCV shafts with a custom width, 1350 yoke, gears of your choice. Upgrading with a prorock 44, RCV shafts, Dynatrac ball joints,1350 yoke, ring and pinion with install kit will run you right at $5600. You can easily sell a rubicon 44 for $800 (the difference) and more likley get closer to $1800 for it and end up with a better stronger axle in the end. I have said it for years that a PR44 is a poor way to go for an upgraded front but the internet continues to push it because so many have made that bad decision.
Old 10-23-2021, 08:24 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 130 Likes on 116 Posts

That's very true. I ended up with mine this way because it was piecemealed over a bunch of years. Facing a full axle upgrade in one shot makes that Fusion deal really attractive.

Quick Reply: Axle trusses: Artec or Evo?