Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Axle swap help please!!

Old 01-28-2020, 10:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Axle swap help please!!

I’m looking to do axle swaps front and rear and want to know the best quality axles. Also want to do coilovers so need help deciding
Old 01-29-2020, 05:24 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,942 Likes on 1,699 Posts

It's pretty hard to go wrong with Dynatrac axles if you're talking aftermarket. What are you thinking about swapping in, full-width big-boys? Take a look at Fusion 4x4 as well.
Old 01-29-2020, 06:03 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

Fusion 4x4 all day long. I am done with Dynatrac with their poor warrantee and custom made parts that they rape you on. I just had to buy a outer 35 spline for $400 when you can get them for $90 from dana because the dynatrac (foote) axle is 1" shorter then a standard off the shelf axle. Dan will set you up with what you need.

I would go with 72" wide axles if you are doing coil overs to gain the extra tube space to mount the shocks and it will give you more room the the coil overs. If you are just running coil overs and no bypass shocks mount the shock on top of the axle and move some stuff under the hood so you can get some real tall towers in there.

Quick Reply: Axle swap help please!!