Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Axle Sleeves Worth It?

Old 10-25-2012, 07:48 PM
JK Freak

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

you are on the right track , install it all before your axle bend under the load as mine did.A replacement axle housing is alot more expensive than the reinforcment you have !
Old 10-26-2012, 04:41 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 120 Likes on 106 Posts

Agreed, I sleeved and gusseted my 2012 before moving up to 35s. I did it just as much for the peace of mind as I did for the reinforcement.
Old 10-26-2012, 05:54 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If u slip off a rock and the axle tube lands on it.really hard, there is a chance the axle tube will crack, but with evo sleeves there is less of a chance that will happen. Thanks evo for all Ur awesome products
Old 10-26-2012, 06:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive got 35 mud grapplers and a bent axle. So, now ive got a new housing with synergy sleeves and an Artec truss. And it certainly beefed it up. I think it is a good idea to beef up the axle with bigger tires. Next i will throw in some cromoly axles and call it good
Old 10-26-2012, 06:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

While I agree it's a good idea to sleeve and gusset, and it is in my future, I've been wheeling mine now, fairly well too, for 4 years with 35s with no issues, and drive 60 miles a day with it as well. I've broken axle shafts, but no bends in the tube or C's.

Quick Reply: Axle Sleeves Worth It?