Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Axle off after lift

Old 10-09-2013, 02:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have centered if twice, guess I'll have tondo it some more! Thanks guys! The lift is awesome. The jeep drives straight. It actually drives better than when I just had the leveling kit on, if that makes sense.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:20 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Rolltide66
Should I get an alignment prior to the track bar install? I don't drive it much, but it will take me a couple if weeks to get one. I have abs and esp lights on after driving on the interstate the other day.
Re-centering the steering wheel to get rid of the abs/esp lights is super easy. One wrench, loosen two bolts, twist the turnbuckle until straight.

Go up to the Write-Ups area. At the top is an index. Find the DIY Alignment link. It will show pics and steps for this, as well as setting the toe (and adjusting the caster, for those with some form of adjustability).

Just saw that you had already adjusted the steering wheel, so disregard...

Maybe you tweaked a sensor?
Old 10-09-2013, 03:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

I may have tweaked a sensor. I had some issues on the driver side coil. How would I tell if I did? The lights went off right after I installed the lift. They came on the next day while driving on the interstate. The steering wheel is straight.
Old 10-09-2013, 04:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Bump to top
Old 10-09-2013, 05:10 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As long as ESP Isn't kicking in just let it go for a little. May go away on its own. Also could try disconnecting the negative battery terminal for a few
Old 10-09-2013, 05:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've disconnected the negative for 30 mins two times. I have the abs light on, the esc/bas? Light and the esp symbol on. I can't figure it out. The stability control isn't kicking in at all. Any suggestions are very welcomed!! Thanks
Old 10-09-2013, 05:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

[QUOTE="Rolltide66;3700828"]I've disconnected the negative for 30 mins two times. I have the abs light on, the esc/bas? Light and the esp symbol on. I can't figure it out. The stability control isn't kicking in at all. Any suggestions are very welcomed!! I drove it an entire day before they came on. They came on at highway speeds, and won't go off. I do not drive it daily.
Old 10-09-2013, 05:42 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah sounds like you may have tweaked a wheel sensor. I'd just drive it and see if it goes away. They sometimes do. You aren't hurting anything
Old 10-09-2013, 05:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ok great!! Thanks for all the help and advice! I really appreciate it!!
Old 10-09-2013, 05:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Rolltide66
Should I get an alignment prior to the track bar install? I don't drive it much, but it will take me a couple if weeks to get one. I have abs and esp lights on after driving on the interstate the other day.
The track bar will change the steering center but that's all. The lift will change the castor but castor can't be adjusted without adjustable control arms or geometry correction brackets. The camber only changes when you bend something big.

Nothing to see an alignment shop about. Center and toe-in are simple to adjust, and the shop can't do anything else for you.

Quick Reply: Axle off after lift