Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Axle, Gears, Lockers and Lift

Old 08-06-2012, 10:53 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Axle, Gears, Lockers and Lift

I am just a novice to the Jeep building process, but I was hoping to get some suggestions for my next project. I just recently added on to my 2011 JK Sport, the Poison Spyder rear bumper with tire carrier and the LOD rock sliders. Come October/November I would like to upgrade my front axle to at least a dana 44. When I buy the axle, I would like to know which lockers and gears that come with the axle, that way I can match the rear with the same gears and lockers. At the same time, I would like to also get a 3" long arm lift, just unsure of which to get. Any suggestions? I did a little research and looked at some G2 axles and the teraflex 3" long arm.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:58 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

for up front, i personally would recommend an arb locker as it is selectable and way stronger than a factory locker. regarding lift's, with just 3", you really don't need a long arm kit as the factory arms are quite long as they are and do quite well to provide a good ride. just trying to save you some money

Quick Reply: Axle, Gears, Lockers and Lift