Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Axle Gear Manufacturers

Old 04-24-2009, 04:21 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Axle Gear Manufacturers

So who all makes a 5.13 and 5.38 gear for Rubicon Dana 44 Axles? I was thinking Superior would be the way to go, but open to any suggestions
Old 04-24-2009, 04:43 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

This thread was brought to my attention last week, notice the second post in it

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ghlight=sierra
Old 04-24-2009, 05:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I posted this a while back, but it's worth repeating.

I did a little research trying to hunt down who makes what and where it's really made. Talked to Chad at Randy's Ring and Pinion, searched the web business directory, and cross-referenced part numbers. Here's what I found:

Randy's Ring and Pinion is also known as Ring and Pinion, Inc. The business is classified as Automotive Repair Shop and has 120 employees in three locations.

Randy's owns brands:
USA Standard Gear
Value Gear
Yukon Dura Lock
Yukon Gear & Axle

According to Chad, Randy's gets their Dana 44 gears from Superior Axle and Gear. These are branded as USA Standard Gear or if you want a prettier box Yukon Axle.

Superior Axle and Gear is also known as Foote Axle and Forge L.L.C., is classified as Motor Vehicle Parts and Accessories and has a total of 46 people. Their web site states "We are a 100% in-house manufacturer. We forge, CNC machine, heat treat, precision grind and spline right here in our Los Angeles facility."

Therefore USA Standard Gear = Yukon = Superior = Foote Axle and Forge = made in the USA -- At least for the Dana 44 gear set.

Couldn't find much on Alloy USA, LLC except that the business is classified as Auto and Home Supply Stores with a total of 6 people. Obviously they don't make their own gears.
Old 04-24-2009, 06:32 PM
JK Freak

Alloy USA was bought by Omix-Ada Inc. along with precision gear

December 2, 2008
Alloy USA and Precision Gear, Join the Omix Family!
Ultra Axle, LLC (“Ultra Axle”), an affiliate company of Omix-Ada, Inc. (“Omix”), has just acquired assets of Alloy USA, Inc. and Precision Gear, Inc. in a liquidation process. A partial listing of assets includes inventory, 3 websites, phone numbers, trademarks, computer system and data.

January 2, 2009
Alloy USA™ 5yr/10yr limited warranty.
Ultra Axle, LLC (“Ultra Axle”), an affiliate company of Omix-Ada, Inc. (“Omix”), has just acquired assets of Alloy USA, Inc. and Precision Gear, Inc. in a liquidation process. A partial listing of assets includes inventory, 3 websites, phone numbers, trademarks, computer system and data.
Alloy USA™ & Precision Gear™
NOW HONORING PAST WARRANTY

January 2, 2009; Effective immediately Ultra Axel™ LLC, has joined forces with its sole distributor Omix-ADA™, Inc. to offer a program that will support warranty claims arising from purchases that occurred before the dissolve of the former Alloy USA™. Additionally, Omix-ADA, Inc will continue to offer a Limited 10yr Warranty on all Alloy USA™ axles, and a Limited 5yr Warranty on all Precision Gear™ ring & pinions for the purchases that have been shipped by Omix-Ada starting from Nov 15, 2008. Even better, Omix-ADA, Inc. has created a program to empower their customers to support the consumers who have warranty requests from the past.

The program designed by Omix-ADA, Inc. allows consumers to return the product to the retailer where it was purchased along with the original receipt and request a warranty replacement. Those retailers who have joined Omix-ADA, Inc. and have started or continued selling the Alloy USA™ and Precision Gear™ products have been provided a 5% allowance from Omix-ADA, Inc. to be used to satisfy those eligible warranty claims for products that sold before the move to Omix-ADA, Inc. This is a limited offer to encourage the smooth transition to Omix-ADA as the new source for all Alloy USA™ & Precision Gear™. This 5% allowance for old warranty is equal to 5% of the Alloy USA™ and Precision Gear™ products purchased directly by the distributor from Omix-ADA, Inc in 2009. For example, a distributor who purchases $100,000 of Alloy USA™ and Precision Gear ™ products from Omix-Ada can request up to $5,000 eligible warranty claims for the old Alloy USA™ and Precision Gear™ products distributed by the previous ownership. All warranty must be sent freight prepaid to Omix-ADA, Inc. by the direct distributor for inspection before warranty credit is issued.

This great support for warranty from the past sales is in addition to full support for the 10yr/5yr warranty for all Alloy USA™ & Precision Gear™ product purchased directly by distributors from Omix-ADA, Inc. Please keep in mind that Omix-Ada, Inc. has no retail division and all the transactions (including warranty) must be handled by Omix-Ada’s direct distributors.

Other terms and conditions apply. Call today to learn more.
We welcome your comments and will try to provide the best information and service to satisfy all your Alloy USA product needs. Please contact the department that best suits your needs:

Customer Service / Sales :
info@alloyusa.com

the phone number can be found on alloyusa.com
Old 04-24-2009, 06:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, well that's good info to know! Looks like Superior it is huh
Old 04-24-2009, 06:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn, I was really looking foreward to buying some Alloy USA front shafts, but with them owned by omix-ada I just dont think I can stomach it. I love my RR front bumper (omix-ada owned I know) but in this economy I am going to choose made in the U.S.A.
Old 04-24-2009, 07:17 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Lot of mis info here,

foote axle and forge no longer owns superior and foote makes axles not gears.

Randys and everybody else at the beginning got there gears from superior now there is two mfgs superior and yukon and i am pretty sure none of the jk gears are made in the usa
Old 04-24-2009, 07:21 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 09rubicon
Damn, I was really looking foreward to buying some Alloy USA front shafts, but with them owned by omix-ada I just dont think I can stomach it. I love my RR front bumper (omix-ada owned I know) but in this economy I am going to choose made in the U.S.A.
So I guess you are saying they will not be made in USA anymore? I've looked all over both of their sites and cannot find any info on whether or not they will be.
Old 04-24-2009, 07:29 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tkob1060
So I guess you are saying they will not be made in USA anymore? I've looked all over both of their sites and cannot find any info on whether or not they will be.
I dont in fact know for sure, but that tends to be omix's MO. They buy a company with a good rep, move all the manufaturing overseas to save a few buck and lower a few standards and sell it back to us. I am not saying EVERY company omix has purchased went that way, but by and far the majority have.
Old 04-24-2009, 07:32 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 09rubicon
I dont in fact know for sure, but that tends to be omix's MO. They buy a company with a good rep, move all the manufaturing overseas to save a few buck and lower a few standards and sell it back to us. I am not saying EVERY company omix has purchased went that way, but by and far the majority have.
I think David may know, but I am gonna shoot them an email for sh*ts and giggles

Quick Reply: Axle Gear Manufacturers