Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Axle breather tube question

Old 11-05-2008, 09:27 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Axle breather tube question

Wanting to see put on longer vent tubes on our Dana 44's. Does anyone know what the inner diameter of the rubber tube needs to be? Our JK see's alot of deep mud and water. I know I could just take one off and compare but figured if someone knew the answer I would just pick some up on the way home tonight.

As you can see from the pics below the mud and water we ride in usually swallows our 37's and our JK has about 6" of lift.

Last edited by UGOTKERN; 11-05-2008 at 09:30 AM.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:16 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

here ya go

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-write-ups-39/breather-tubes-extended-46802/
Old 11-05-2008, 10:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i love that jeep, what lift you running , i saw youand wife ( pirate kitty ) went to ruasch last week , did you regear and what gears are you running , sweet jk
Old 11-05-2008, 10:38 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by lijeepguy
i love that jeep, what lift you running , i saw youand wife ( pirate kitty ) went to ruasch last week , did you regear and what gears are you running , sweet jk
Lift started as a 4" Pro Comp w/ MX-6 shocks. The lift settled at 3" so I called Pro Comp and complained. They knew the lift only sits at 3" and said they are working on correcting the issue. I had them send me what they called true 4" springs which gave us 5" of lift. I put on some coil spacers to level everything out and it appears to be sitting at 6" overall. Still running the stock 4.10's. So far I havent seen a real need to upgrade the gears. Where we live it's mostly flat and it drives just fine on the highway at 75mph.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:39 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by tkob1060
Thanks... so what did you end up using as a end cap?
Old 11-05-2008, 04:56 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by UGOTKERN
Thanks... so what did you end up using as a end cap?
Never got a cap for them, really shouldnt need it. I figure the slight chance water gets up that high long enough to let water in I'll have other problems lol. If you drain and change the fluid right after you know you got water in you'll be fine, if not you will get leakage through breathers and seals.

Quick Reply: Axle breather tube question