Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Axle bend question

Old 01-06-2010, 04:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Axle bend question

Kind of a newb question.

My tires tip in a the top ever so slightly. I'm a bit concerned.

If the front D44 starts to bend from running 35" tires and driving fast off road or hitting speed bumps (or what ever) is it too late to try and add some sort of reinforcement to straighten it out?

How can you tell if it's the axle tubes, center section, or jus the outer "C"?
Old 01-06-2010, 05:43 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shredX
Kind of a newb question.

My tires tip in a the top ever so slightly. I'm a bit concerned.

If the front D44 starts to bend from running 35" tires and driving fast off road or hitting speed bumps (or what ever) is it too late to try and add some sort of reinforcement to straighten it out?

How can you tell if it's the axle tubes, center section, or jus the outer "C"?
Good 4x4 shops can tell you what is bent and if they can straighten it. If it can be trued up, it then can be reinforced. Generally, if it is bent, bending it back will make it even weaker. Any reinforcement will put you back to just a bit stronger than stock.
My tires have no lean yet, but I have the same concern as you. I am going to have our local shop here do the gusset and sleeve install, since my welds suck...(emergency trail use only!)

Quick Reply: Axle bend question