Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Axle Alignment and tire wear

Old 07-04-2016, 10:19 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Axle Alignment and tire wear

Hello I just put 35's on my jeep after lifting it 2.5 inches using a TF Coil kit.

My question is that both of my axles are not perfectly center under the jeep. they stick out an inch more on the driver side. However they stick out evenly towards the driver side so they technically are align with each other just not under the vehicle.

Will this cause any abnormal wheel on the tires? Is it imperative that I get this fixed right away? Money is tight right now and can't really afford to buy an adjustable rear track bar. I already have an adjustable front.

Thanks.
Old 07-04-2016, 10:30 AM
JK Freak

Yup. You are fine. When you are ready an adjustable track bar will center it back. No damage to your jeep as is.
Old 07-04-2016, 11:34 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by 2BAJeep
Yup. You are fine. When you are ready an adjustable track bar will center it back. No damage to your jeep as is.
thanks I measure from the top of the coil tower to the same spot on both tires. 11.5 inches passenger and 12.75 inches driver.
Old 07-04-2016, 11:55 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Odd that both axles shifted to the same side. They usually shift to opposite sides.
Old 07-04-2016, 12:58 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Is there a reason you didn't adjust the front adjustable trackbar?

For the rear, you could consider a raised bracket instead of an adjustable trackbar.
Old 07-04-2016, 01:11 PM
JK Junkie

I do have an RK front track bar I adjusted, thinking about getting an adjustable terraflex for the rear. I do have the rear bracket that came with the TF 2.5 cool lift I also added 1 inch rear spacers. I was thinking as long as the two axles are aligned with each other I should have good tire wear. I am planning on not adjusting the front track bar until I have funds for the rear.
Old 07-05-2016, 10:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 14Sport
Odd that both axles shifted to the same side. They usually shift to opposite sides.
Very odd. It can't happen that way.

edit. I see he has a front adj. track bar.

Old 07-05-2016, 10:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why don't you install the rear track bar bracket to center the rear axle and then adjust the front track bar to center the front axle ??

This centers them both. Did I miss something.....
Old 07-05-2016, 10:46 AM
Super Moderator

Received 209 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by kaptkrappy
Why don't you install the rear track bar bracket to center the rear axle and then adjust the front track bar to center the front axle ??

This centers them both. Did I miss something.....
I'm assuming since he said that he has the rear TB bracket, that he installed it. I could be wrong.
Old 07-05-2016, 12:48 PM
JK Freak

Shot in the dark here but did you ratchet strap the axle and frame to line up the rear track bar with the new bracket? The same needs to be done of the front and then install the adj. trackbar. I could see someone not ratcheting it and just making the trackbar long enough to fit. The front was more difficult for me with all the measuring.

Quick Reply: Axle Alignment and tire wear