Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Axel sleeves and gussets duarability

Old 01-28-2011, 04:02 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeReo
Anybody know what a pro-rock 44 with an arb is going for? Theres no pricing on the website
Roughly $4200. Alloy inners, gearing of your choice, arb/detroit, factory BJ's, thicker tubing and caster/pinion correction. (you re-use the outers/brakes/knuckles from your 30)

RCVs and ProSteers would be more.
Old 01-28-2011, 05:10 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd love to grab a pro-rock but im thinkin im just gonna sleeve gusset this axel and see how she does. Parts are cheap, its already geared and locked and i can have a buddy do a nice job on the welding. I'll probably go with the ORE stuff
Old 03-10-2011, 08:22 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeReo
I'd love to grab a pro-rock but im thinkin im just gonna sleeve gusset this axel and see how she does. Parts are cheap, its already geared and locked and i can have a buddy do a nice job on the welding. I'll probably go with the ORE stuff
I just did. Woohoo! I ordered sleeves and gussets from Dave @ northridge. Ore. They go on Wednesday. I'm having a shop do it all because I can't weld and don't trust myself drilling into my axle. The shop thinks it'll take 5 hrs to do sleeves gussets contol arm skids and swaybar quick discos.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:50 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nthinuf
Roughly $4200. Alloy inners, gearing of your choice, arb/detroit, factory BJ's, thicker tubing and caster/pinion correction. (you re-use the outers/brakes/knuckles from your 30)

RCVs and ProSteers would be more.

You can also order the Prorock 44 axle with full 60 outers and manual hubs or drive flanges!
Old 03-10-2011, 08:52 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sringer
I just did. Woohoo! I ordered sleeves and gussets from Dave @ northridge. Ore. They go on Wednesday. I'm having a shop do it all because I can't weld and don't trust myself drilling into my axle. The shop thinks it'll take 5 hrs to do sleeves gussets contol arm skids and swaybar quick discos.
Total Price? How much is labor where you are? Here it's about $90 an hour!

It also looks like you're doing all your work on a D30, is that correct?
Old 03-10-2011, 10:30 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by BKGM Jeepers
You can also order the Prorock 44 axle with full 60 outers and manual hubs or drive flanges!
That makes it a custom build, and you are better off just going to a PR60.

Quick Reply: Axel sleeves and gussets duarability