Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Axel breather tube extension - anyone do this?

Old 05-03-2012, 03:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I knocked out my river raider kit in under and hour. It's actually very easy to do.
Old 05-03-2012, 03:33 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I didn't buy the kit but I did extend my breathers. The hardest one was the transfer case. It sits about mid case toward the front of the vehicle on top. The whole deal took me about 2hrs, but I did hose clamp every split in the hose. I would say, it's not hard, it's just tedious.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:02 AM
JK Freak

For those that don't have the RR kit, all you need is 9/32 vaccum hose at Autozone for $.99 a ft.20 ft is plenty. On Project JK WOL did a great write up you can use for reference. I recommend replacing the entire hose as opposed to connectors to lengthen, but both have the same outcome.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the RR snorkel and kit to extend the breathers into my air box. I agree that extending the breathers was a pita.

But, worth it. I swapped my D30 for a PR44 a few months ago, and recently sold the D30. When the D30 was opened to regear, all the bearings were shot. Probably from water that got in before the breathers were extended.

Quick Reply: Axel breather tube extension - anyone do this?