Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Axel breather tube extension - anyone do this?

Old 04-13-2008, 04:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Axel breather tube extension - anyone do this?

All,

Still going through the snorkel debate (with all the flooding in the mid-south and 30" of water on my driveway, I'm gaining ground with my wife!).

I think I'm set on which snorkel, but I've already had "milk" in the differentials from a "deep water cruise" (see below).

I don't want to go through adding the snorkel just to have water issues in axels or other places.

Anyone have a write-up / photos of extending the breather tubes on the axels? Also, where do you buy the liquid electrical tape and where do you apply it?

tnx

Blue Mesa

Old 04-13-2008, 11:19 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Mesa check this thread out, no pictures but says where he ran them to
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ther+extending

Also not sure where you are talking about using the liquid tape, but you can buy it at jcwhitney. I am going to be extending my tubes and also I put dielectric grease on some of the electrical connections under the hood
Old 04-13-2008, 07:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Not to highjack but I am looking at getting a snorkel? Would it help to run the breathers out the snorkel, or splice them into one line and then put it in the snorkel or airbox.

Last edited by Pete799; 04-13-2008 at 07:11 PM.
Old 04-13-2008, 07:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

I am planning on getting a River Raider Snorkel. I was planning on running the breather lines into the main air filter compartment where the snorkel goes.

Blue Mesa
Old 04-13-2008, 07:31 PM
JK Freak

Hey Blue I wouldnt run the breathers into the airbox, that would just be another couple holes you would have to keep sealed, more chance of a leak. Plus I'm not sure how they would breath out into the sealed airbox with air cmoing down into it.

I'm running my front to the top of firewall and the rear up behind the rear taillight, maybe possibly drilling thru rear well by the rollbar and stopping it there.
Old 04-13-2008, 07:43 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Blue Mesa
Yeah, good point. I see you have the River Raider. How do you like it? What did they recommend?

Blue Mesa
I love my snorkel and the install was pretty easy. Are you going to do the install yourself? As far as them recommending anything with the breathers they didnt. I wouldnt think they would, people might try and hold them responsible if they did maybe.

Some pics of me with my snorkel and not having to worry about the water

Old 04-16-2008, 01:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Nice!! I was going to do the same. Here is my jeep with the river raider snorkel. Going back to the pine barrens to test it out shortly.

Last edited by 07WrangX; 04-16-2008 at 01:13 PM.
Old 04-16-2008, 01:14 PM
JK Freak

i found the front breather tube...i think but not the rear?
any help with this
Old 05-02-2012, 03:54 PM
JK Freak

rear breather tube on my 2dr was accessable from the passanger rear. mounted up with a christmas tree the the pinch seem
Old 05-03-2012, 01:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

I ordered a set from river raider...it has been sitting in my garage ever since. It doesn't look like the easiest of projects, and frankly, I'm still worn out after doing everything else on the Jeep. I think in the near future, though, I will finally get around to doing this. And the brake replacements. And the rest of my lighting....>>sigh<<

Quick Reply: Axel breather tube extension - anyone do this?